Volunteers needed for Norwich Science Festival
- Credit: Simon Finlay Photgraphy
Volunteers are needed to help with the running of this year's Norwich Science Festival.
The special celebration of science is back for a second year from October 21 to 29 with an array of talks, shows, and hands-on science fun at The Forum and other venues around Norwich.
Ahead of the event, organisers are looking for enthusiastic and friendly volunteers to join the festival team, and volunteers will have the chance to do everything from event stewarding to being information assistants and learning hosts.
Richard Wells, who volunteered at the first festival, said: 'It was great last year to be part of a friendly team of volunteers and The Forum staff, and to have the opportunity to hear and see such a varied and interesting programme. It was lovely to see the fun, excitement and enjoyment being had by audiences, both young and old, and that made the experience so rewarding.'
Fellow volunteer Mark Kirkwood added: 'The best part of the festival, for me, was chatting to people about science. From the human microbiome, to GMOs, to antibiotic resistance, to life on other planets, I was consistently surprised by where people's curiosity would take the conversation. It is heartening that the festival encouraged and fostered such thinking, as curiosity is the very essence of science.'
You may also want to watch:
Festival volunteers need to be sociable and have an energetic personality, an enquiring mind and a willingness to help make the event a memorable and inspirational experience for everyone. Previous experience of volunteering at events and an interest in science is preferred but not essential.
There are volunteer opportunities throughout the festival and also during for the schools programme which will run from October 16 to 20, the week before the festival.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 5 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 8 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 9 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 10 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
Anybody interested in being a festival volunteer should download an application form from www.norwichsciencefestival.co.uk/get-involved/volunteers/ and email the form to email@example.com by Friday, October 6.
Norwich Science Festival is co-ordinated by The Forum, with headline sponsorship from Anglian Water. For more about festival events, visit www.norwichsciencefestival.co.uk or pick up the festival brochure at The Forum and other venues around Norfolk.