Volunteers needed for Norwich Science Festival
- Credit: Simon Finlay Photgraphy
Volunteers are needed to help with the running of this year's Norwich Science Festival.
The special celebration of science is back for a second year from October 21 to 29 with an array of talks, shows, and hands-on science fun at The Forum and other venues around Norwich.
Ahead of the event, organisers are looking for enthusiastic and friendly volunteers to join the festival team, and volunteers will have the chance to do everything from event stewarding to being information assistants and learning hosts.
Richard Wells, who volunteered at the first festival, said: 'It was great last year to be part of a friendly team of volunteers and The Forum staff, and to have the opportunity to hear and see such a varied and interesting programme. It was lovely to see the fun, excitement and enjoyment being had by audiences, both young and old, and that made the experience so rewarding.'
Fellow volunteer Mark Kirkwood added: 'The best part of the festival, for me, was chatting to people about science. From the human microbiome, to GMOs, to antibiotic resistance, to life on other planets, I was consistently surprised by where people's curiosity would take the conversation. It is heartening that the festival encouraged and fostered such thinking, as curiosity is the very essence of science.'
Festival volunteers need to be sociable and have an energetic personality, an enquiring mind and a willingness to help make the event a memorable and inspirational experience for everyone. Previous experience of volunteering at events and an interest in science is preferred but not essential.
There are volunteer opportunities throughout the festival and also during for the schools programme which will run from October 16 to 20, the week before the festival.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 7 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 8 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 9 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 10 Plan to charge for seafront floral tributes is agreed
Anybody interested in being a festival volunteer should download an application form from www.norwichsciencefestival.co.uk/get-involved/volunteers/ and email the form to email@example.com by Friday, October 6.
Norwich Science Festival is co-ordinated by The Forum, with headline sponsorship from Anglian Water. For more about festival events, visit www.norwichsciencefestival.co.uk or pick up the festival brochure at The Forum and other venues around Norfolk.