Village plans garden open day to showcase late-summer blooms and help planned hospice
- Credit: Archant
Gardens around the village of Postwick will be opened as part of a fundraising day for a new children's hospice.
Nine gardens around the village will be opened on Saturday, September 2 from 1pm to 5pm to raise money for East Anglia's Children's Hospices' Nook Appeal.
Postwick Green Group is organising the event to showcase shrubs and late-flowering plants. Su Allport, who is taking part in the open day, said: 'Postwick gardens are not pretentious or grand but are simple village gardens.
'Each, however, is as individual as its creator and we hope will contain something of special interest.'
The event will also include a children's trail at Postwick Lodge, upcycled furniture and wood carvings for sale and plants on offer.
You may also want to watch:
The village's All Saints Church will also be taking part in the day.
Maps of the open gardens are £3 from Postwick Village Hall.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 5 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 8 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 9 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 10 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences