Video: Norwich Cathedral features in trailer for new blockbuster film
The glitz and glamour of a Hollywood appearance for Norwich Cathedral could bring a boost to tourism in Norwich this year.
Scenes for new blockbuster film Jack The Giant Killer were filmed at the historic city landmark over the course of two weeks in May last year.
Now the official trailer for the film - featuring some of the scenes filmed at Norwich Cathedral - has been released onto video website YouTube ahead of its release in June 2012, starring British actors Ewan McGregor, Bill Nighy and Nicholas Hoult.
Michael Loveday, chief executive of HEART (Heritage, Economic and Regeneration Trust), hopes the cathedral's appearance will generate some added interest in the city.
He said: 'It always helps to raise the city's profile but what we need is some kind of recognition in the credits to say it was filmed on location here.
'As with a lot of things with a big audience, people speculate about where it was filmed, so it should help.'
Norwich is among several UK locations hoping for a tourism boost through a film this year, including the village of Castle Combe in Wiltshire, which was used for director Steven Spielberg's new film, War Horse.
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 4 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 5 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 6 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 7 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 8 'I listen to science': City folk hit back at anti-vax protests
- 9 Seven of the best locations for a minibreak staycation in Norfolk
- 10 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
It is not the first time film crews have come to Norwich however. In June 2006 there were location shots at Elm Hill and Dragon Hall for Stardust, starring Robert De Niro and Michelle Pfieffer.
Mr Loveday added: 'When Stardust was released there was a special showing at the Odeon cinema on Riverside to generate interest and with this starring Ewan McGregor, it's certainly a chance to up the ante.'
Do you know of a film or TV show coming to Norwich? Contact reporter David Freezer on 01603 772418 or email@example.com