Venue switch for major DJ event
Vince Yallop A major dance party due to take place at the Norfolk Showground this Saturday has been switched to the Arena nightclub in Yarmouth after Costessey Parish Council turned down a licensing application. Groove Armada, Pendulum, Stanton Warriors and Annie Mac are lined up for the event.
A major dance party due to take place at the Norfolk Showground this Saturday (10pm-6am) has been switched to the Arena nightclub in Yarmouth after Costessey Parish Council turned down a licensing application. Some of the biggest names in cool clubbing are lined up for the event
Groove Armada, Pendulum, The Scratch Perverts, Stanton Warriors and Radio 1's Annie Mac will all be taking to the decks with their record boxes spanning the hottest genres of electronic music, from drum and bass and breaks mash-ups to groovy party house and hip hop. The Scratch Perverts will be using six turntables, four CD players and three mixers.
The Warehouse Party event is organised by Norwich-based outdoor event promoters IML Concert who have linked up with clubbing brand Spectrum.
Tickets are £18 plus booking fee, on sale now from IML (01603 660444), the UEA Box Office (01603 508050, www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk), Ticketweb (08444 771000) and Soundclash Records in Norwich. The event is restricted to ages 18-plus.
Organisers had planned for a crowd of around 4,000 should the event gone ahead at the showground, but this has been halfed with its move to Yarmouth.
- 1 Café serving produce fresh from its farm opens in north Norfolk
- 2 Flames grip barn in north Norfolk
- 3 Fewer than half of village's homes occupied by full-time residents
- 4 'Quirky' two-bed cottage in Wymondham on sale for £350k
- 5 Norwich's 'hidden' church added to at risk list
- 6 7 major events to look forward to in Norfolk in July
- 7 Parked cars prevent buses from serving north Norfolk village
- 8 West Norfolk town centre road closed following two-vehicle crash
- 9 'Significant construction' on A47 to begin in 2023
- 10 Need for extension could mean Norwich roadworks continue for longer
t Further details at www.imlconcerts.co.uk