Update: Movie star Keira Knightley was spotted in Wells while on rumoured search for Norfolk home
It looks like Norfolk is set to add another big name movie star to its list of famous residents.
It has been reported in a national newspaper that Miss Knightley, star of films such as Bend It Like Beckham and The Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy, is house-hunting in Nelson's County.
A report in The Sun stated: 'She was spotted in a local tea room nosing through estate agent details with a pal. Keira already has a London property but fancies owning a place in the country.'
It seems Miss Knightley could be set to join her Pirates of the Caribbean co-star Johnny Depp, who is thought to have bought �7m Burnham Westgate Hall, near Burnham Market, earlier this year.
Miss Knightley, worth �30m according to the Sunday Times Rich List, may have been looking in the same north Norfolk coastal area for a new home.
One of our readers, giving their name as just Samuel, got in touch to say: 'I spotted Keira on Saturday, we thought that maybe she was on holiday but it would appear not as per your article.
'It was at Wells-next-the-Sea. Myself and a friend were eating in the tiny local bistro, we were the only ones there and then she walked in with some guy.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 5 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 6 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 9 Customers travelling across Norfolk to try pub's 'afternoon sea'
- 10 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
'My friend said 'that's Keira Knightley', I was like 'nah'. Then she ordered a salad without the dressing and I was like, 'it's her!'
The glamorous 27-year-old, originally from London, has spent time in Norfolk before.
In May 2009, the production of one of her films, Never Let Me Go, moved to Holkham beach for filming and she also shot scenes at nearby Holkham Hall for 2008 film The Duchess.
Did you spot the movie star house-hunting? Contact reporter David Freezer on 01603 772418 or email@example.com