Top classical composer Patrick Hawes holds workshop at Holt
- Credit: Archant
One of the country's leading classical composers will lead a workshop at Holt this weekend.
Patrick Hawes will talk about the art of composing with reference to his latest commission Eventide (In Memoriam Edith Cavell).
The session is in the Auden Theatre on Saturday May 17 from 11am to 4pm.
It presents a unique opportunity to learn direct from Mr Hawes whose latest album Angel recently went straight to No 1 in the classical music charts.
There will be opportunities for those who wish to sing some of the music which has been commissioned by Sheringham and Cromer Choral Society to commemorate the centenary of the First World War.
This piece celebrates the life of Norfolk's WW1 heroine, nurse Edith Cavell, who was executed in Belgium in 1915 for her part in helping hundreds of allied troops escape occupied Europe. It will be premiered in Norwich Cathedral on Saturday July 12 with the English Chamber Orchestra and soprano soloist Elin Manahan Thomas.
Workshop tickets are available from the Auden Theatre Box Office 01263 713444 (or on the door) at just £15.
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 3 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 4 Action taken against cold callers who left homeowner 'freaked out'
- 5 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 8 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 9 Virus expert says Omicron is 'unstoppable' and backs 'Plan B' rules
- 10 Police called after illegally parked delivery driver blocks bus routes
Places are FREE for school children – younger children are welcome to attend just the afternoon session from 1.45pm.
Tickets for the world premiere in Norwich Cathedral can be obtained from the Theatre Royal Box Office 01603 630000 or via www.cathedral.org.uk/centenary For more details visit www.sheringhamandcromerchoral.co.uk