Top classical composer Patrick Hawes holds workshop at Holt
- Credit: Archant
One of the country's leading classical composers will lead a workshop at Holt this weekend.
Patrick Hawes will talk about the art of composing with reference to his latest commission Eventide (In Memoriam Edith Cavell).
The session is in the Auden Theatre on Saturday May 17 from 11am to 4pm.
It presents a unique opportunity to learn direct from Mr Hawes whose latest album Angel recently went straight to No 1 in the classical music charts.
There will be opportunities for those who wish to sing some of the music which has been commissioned by Sheringham and Cromer Choral Society to commemorate the centenary of the First World War.
You may also want to watch:
This piece celebrates the life of Norfolk's WW1 heroine, nurse Edith Cavell, who was executed in Belgium in 1915 for her part in helping hundreds of allied troops escape occupied Europe. It will be premiered in Norwich Cathedral on Saturday July 12 with the English Chamber Orchestra and soprano soloist Elin Manahan Thomas.
Workshop tickets are available from the Auden Theatre Box Office 01263 713444 (or on the door) at just £15.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 4 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 5 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 6 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 9 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 10 A47 closed in both directions after crash
Places are FREE for school children – younger children are welcome to attend just the afternoon session from 1.45pm.
Tickets for the world premiere in Norwich Cathedral can be obtained from the Theatre Royal Box Office 01603 630000 or via www.cathedral.org.uk/centenary For more details visit www.sheringhamandcromerchoral.co.uk