Top authors to come to Norwich for first International Literature Showcase
- Credit: John Lawrence
Norwich will play host to a group of high-profile authors when it holds the first International Literature Showcase next week.
The Writers' Centre Norwich has worked with the British Council and the Arts Council England to organise the event, which includes delegates from more than 20 countries.
Those attending include writer and broadcaster Jeanette Winterson, author of Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit, who will join three 2014 Costa Book Award Winners, Ali Smith, Emma Healey and Helen Macdonald.
Chris Gribble, chief executive of Writers' Centre Norwich said: 'Norwich is fast becoming synonymous with literary innovation. We've invited writers keen to develop their international connections. We're delighted that this also includes writers from our region who've had such success over the last year.'
Cortina Butler, British Council director of literature said: 'The International Showcase taking place in Norwich will help shape the global literature sector, fostering meaningful working relationships between writers and literature organisations for many years to come'.
The writers will meet with over fifty literature development practitioners to explore new ideas and plan collaborations.
The programme will be live-streamed by Writers' Centre Norwich at www.internationalliteratureshowcase.org.uk with questions encouraged via twitter using #ILShowcase.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 4 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 5 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 6 Roadworks planned in Norfolk for this week
- 7 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 8 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 9 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 10 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
The headline public event, Wild Words, with Janette Winterson and Helen Macdonald, takes place at Norwich Playhouse on Friday, March 20. Organisers said 'just a handful of tickets' are still available.
What do you think? Write (giving your full contact details) to: The Letters Editor, EDP, Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich NR1 1RE or email EDPLetters@archant.co.uk