Tonic for spirit lovers as new date added to Gin Festival which is coming to Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A major gin festival will be making a return to the city this summer with connoisseurs of the spirit being given the tonic of an extra night after the event had sold out.
Gin Festival will be hitting Norwich in July but organisers have added a new date after tickets for sessions on July 14 and July 15 sold out just weeks after going on sale.
More than 100 gins will be on offer at the event which will take place at The Halls also include top craft distillers and a whole world of ginformation over the three days.
Broken down into four sessions over the three days of the festival it will feature afternoon sessions, which run from 12.30pm to 5pm, and evening sessions, which run from 6.30pm to 11pm.
It will be the third time the Gin Festival has been held in Norwich with last year's event and the inaugural even taking place at the Open venue on Bank Plain.
You may also want to watch:
Gin Festival was established in 2013 by Jym and Marie Harris who wanted to go out, enjoy fantastic entertainment and great food whilst drinking the best gins and learning more about all things juniper.
They wanted this all under one roof, but it did not exist so they created Gin Festival.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 7 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
Three years later and Gin Festival has grown from a single event to a successful nationwide venture.
But Gin Festival is not just about the gin and tonics though, as there will be a regular cocktail bar serving up a mixture of gin-based libations, as well as additional seasonal treats.
People will be able to chat to the distillers and brands who love to make gin, drink gin and share a sample or two.
There will also be masterclasses where there will be a chance to learn all about gin how its made, its history and more.
Gin Festival Norwich runs for the following sessions:
• Friday, July 14th 2017 - Evening Session - 6.30pm - 11pm
• Saturday, July 15 2017 - Afternoon Session - 12.30pm - 5pm
• Saturday, July 15 2017 - Evening Session - 6.30pm - 11pm
• Sunday, July 16 2017 (new date) - Afternoon Session - 12.30pm - 5pm
Tickets are from £13 (plus booking fee) per session.
It is an over 18's event only; no babies or children allowed. ID may be required.
Visit www.ginfestival.com for more information.