Tom Chambers and Summer Strallen launch Top Hat at Norwich Theatre Royal
Strictly Come Dancing winner Tom Chambers and Olivier Award-nominated West End star Summer Strallen visit Norwich Theatre Royal to launch a new show which is destined for the bright lights of London.
It was an unforgettable era, the glamourous golden age of Hollywood.
And this lunchtime two of today's brightest stars, Strictly Come Dancing winner Tom Chambers and Olivier Award-nominated West End star Summer Strallen, were at Norwich Theatre Royal to pay tribute to one of the greatest double acts of all time: Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers.
The pair gave a dance master class and took part in a question and answer session with Heart breakfast show host Chrissie Jackson as they officially launched the eagerly-anticipated new musical version of Top Hat, which will be in Norwich in the autumn before transferring to the West End.
Top Hat, which was nominated for four Oscars, is regarded as one of the greatest dance musicals of all time.
You may also want to watch:
This lavish new production, the first time it's been seen on stage, will have a cast of 30 and a live band of 15 members playing classic numbers by Irving Berlin.
Summer has starred in some of the best-known shows in the West End - earlier this month she ended a run as Meg Giry in Love Never Dies and she has also played Maria in the Sound of Music.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
And as well as dancing his way into the nation's hearts on Strictly, Tom has starred in Holby City and Waterloo Road.
They will be playing the lead roles of Jerry Travers and Dale Tremont which were played by Astaire and Rogers.
Jerry Travers, the famous American tap dancer arrives in London to appear in his first West End show. When he meets the irresistable Dale Tremont, he follows her across Europe in an attempt to win her heart.
The specially invited guests were given a sneak preview of their fancy footwork - which Summer performed in skyscraper feather-clad stilettoes.
Top Hat is at Norwich Theatre Royal from October 25 to November 5.
Booking for the show opens on March 31 for gold friends of the theatre, April 2 for friends and April 26 for the general public.
Box office: 01603 610000 and www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk