Thousands needed to film beach gig scene for Danny Boyle Beatles movie
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
The hunt is on to find thousands of people to star in a scene for the new Danny Boyle film which is being shot in Norfolk and Suffolk.
The production team need 5,000 people to appear on camera in a concert scene being filmed at Gorleston next month.
A tweet by script editor Emma Freud states: 'Dear Everybody In Suffolk/Norfolk. We're shooting a Danny Boyle/Richard Curtis movie and need 5000 PEOPLE on camera at a (brilliant) concert on Gorleston beach.'
Filming will take place from 10am-2pm on Wednesday June 27.
Danny Boyle, whose hits include Trainspotting, Slumdog Millionaire and The Beach, is shooting for a comedy written by Richard Curtis, based on a world where iconic band The Beatles do not exist.
You may also want to watch:
The production has already shot scenes in Lowestoft, Halesworth and at the Ocean Room and the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston.
Cinderella and Downton Abbey star Lily James has also been spotted shooting scenes in the region alongside co-star Himesh Patel.
To take part in the filming, visit www.applausestore.com and use the promo code CANDY.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 3 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 9 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 10 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers