Things to do in Norfolk: Food and Drink events not to miss in June 2017
- Credit: Anthony Kelly, Picjumbo.com/Pexels
Calling all food and drink fanatics! Here's a selection (there's too many to list) of fabulous food and drink events happening across Norfolk this June. Any take your fancy?
1. Timberhill Bakery's New Menu, Norwich.
Timberhill Bakery have launched a new menu for the summer. It includes Tartines, which we're very excited about! They're open Chia and Flax sourdough toasted sandwiches with fresh summery toppings including beetroot hummus, radish, lentils and rocket and for meat lovers, avocado with free-range chorizo and rocket.
Price: Tartines range from £5 - £7.25.
You may also want to watch:
2. Feast on the Street, Norwich. Fridays from June 2-23, 11:30am - 2:30pm.
You can find a variety of street food traders each and every Friday at St George's Works on Muspole Street. Including Chihuahua Burritos, Dogzillas, Proper Pizza Co and The Duck Truck. The perfect lunch break and end of the week treat.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 3 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 6 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 7 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 8 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 9 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 10 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
Price: Pay for the food.
3. The Wood Kitchen Pop-Up, The Garden House, Norwich, Sunday June 4, 6pm - 9pm.
Nestled away inside a retro wagon, Norfolk's original wood fired kitchen serves up tasty pizzas with a variety of toppings. It will be popping up outside The Garden House, ideal for those looking to enjoy a pizza and a pint alfresco.
Price: From £5.
4. Steven Smith Supper Club, Titchwell Manor, Tuesday June 6.
The talented Chef Patron of multiple award-winning Freemasons at Wiswell in Lancashire hosts a supper club at Titchwell Manor. The menu includes River Lune caught wild salmon just cooked, ponzu and elderflower, Southport potted shrimps and samphire warm pikelet, as well as Norfolk lamb shoulder cooked over coal, peas, roast lettuce, mint and lamb fat vinaigrette.
Price: £50 including wine.
5. Speedy Suppers Cookery Class, Cherry Cookery Kitchen, Earsham, Wednesday June 7, 6pm - 8:30pm.
Learn to make delicious dinners that are ready in 30 minutes or less with easy to follow demonstrations and hands-on classes. Sample recipes are caramelised duck with spiced plum sauce and lamb kofta curry. You'll also get tea or coffee and a cherry flapjack to nibble on.
6. Pop-Up Spanish Mercado & Fiesta, HarperWells Norwich, Friday June 9, 6pm - 8pm.
Travel to Barcelona with a special Spanish wine tasting led by UK expert Paul Shinney and Alejandro from Bodegas Ximinez Spinola. There will be plenty of tapas to snack on too.
Price: £10 per person.
7. Trim the Gin at Aroma, Norwich, Friday June 9, 2pm onwards.
Aroma is clearing out all of their gin stock. To help with this they are heavily discounting all of their gins, including deals on gin cocktails. It's the place to be on a Friday night for every gin fiend. For more information click here.
Price: Free admission - pay for the gin!
8. Fitzroys street food at the FOX at Lyng- Pop up Kitchen, Norwich, Monday June 12, 5pm - 8:30pm.
The Fox At Lyng's pub garden is being taken over by Fitzroy's Street Food who will be serving up a variety of tasty veggie and vegan food. Predominately influenced by Middle Eastern flavours they specialise in a luxurious Mac and Cheese with a variety of toppings. The Fox are hosting a range of pop-up kitchens throughout the month - so keep your eyes peeled. For more information click here.
9. Vegan Supper Club, St Andrews Brewhouse, Norwich, Wednesday June 14, 7pm - 10:30pm.
The vegan supper club consists of four courses and a vegan beer. The menu includes Vietnamese spring rolls, pickled ginger, soy dipping sauce with charred pak choi and BBQ pulled jackfruit and wild mushroom kebab with Asian slaw, pickled red onions, pomegranate, chilli and coriander.
Price: £20 per person.
10. A Mexican Supper at the Adnams shop, Norwich, Friday June 16, 7pm.
Adnams pair beer, wines and cocktails to a variety of Chihuahuas: Modern Mexican Street Food. Guaranteed to be a tasty night. For more information click here.
Price: £25 per person.
11. Norfolk Night, Bijou Wine Shop, Bar and Deli, Wroxham, Friday June 16, 7pm - 11pm.
Six courses made with Norfolk ingredients only are served up alongside six locally produced drinks including wine, beers and spirits.
Price: £40 per person.
12. How to be a Healthy Vegetarian or Vegan, The Orange Grove Clinic, Norwich, Saturday June 17, 10am - 12am.
Learn how to have a successful and healthy vegetarian or vegan diet with this fun, interactive workshop hosted by nutritional therapist, Catherine Jeans. The morning includes cooking demonstrations, tasters, recipes and above all will teach you how to ensure you're getting the correct nutrients..
Price: £40 per person.
13. Norwich Food and Drink Festival, Norwich, Sunday June 18, 10am - 5pm.
The finest Norfolk producers come together for this foodie extravaganza. There's a lot to get excited about with an Adnams' beer garden in the Amphitheatre outside the Forum, a street market along Bethel Street, top local chefs doing cookery demonstrations and much more. Events will popping up around the city, amidst live music and entertainment.
Price: Free entry.
14. Battle of the Bangers, Norwich, Sunday June 18, 10am - 5pm.
Part of the Norwich Food and Drink Festival the legendary Battle of the Bangers contest returns, local butchers battle it out to win in multiple categories. The public get to sample 10 of the county's best sausages before voting for their favourite.
Price: Free entry.
15. Wine and Food Pairing, The Marsham Arms, Hevingham, Wednesday June 21, 7pm - 10pm.
Hosted by Graham Philpott of Hallgarten Druitt and Novum wines, who has worked alongside The Marsham Arms to perfectly match a fantastic selection of wine with an equally enjoyable three course meal. On the menu is pan fried fillet of Hake with creamed saffron mussels, samphire, turned potatoes and wild garlic remoulade served with Larry Cherubino, Laissez Faire Fiano from Western Australia.
Price: £32.50 per person.
16. Olive oil tasting, Louis' Deli & Cafe, Norwich, Friday June 23, 6:30pm.
Try four different varieties of olive oil from across Italy and Greece alongside a glass of wine and nibbles. Hosted by Slow Food Anglia, there's only 20 places so book fast. For more information click here.
Price: £12 for non-members.
17. Cheese and Wine Workshop, Norfolk Wine School, St Andrews Brewhouse, Norwich, Wednesday June 28, 7pm - 9pm.
Learn all about perfect pairings as you try six different wine and cheese combinations. At least two of the cheeses will be from Norfolk. Favourite matches include Norfolk Binham Blue with an Italian red and Norfolk Dapple with a barrel fermented Chardonnay. For more information click here.
Any food and drinks events we've missed? Email Emily.email@example.com
For more What's On content click here.