The Wind in the Willows
ALISON CROOSE River Studios, West Acre
> River Studios, West Acre
Kenneth Grahame's classic story has been brought to life in a magical theatrical entertain-ment for all the family.
The confines of the studio theatre present no barriers to the imaginative crew who have recreated the river bank and its animal life. With a superb and highly flexible set, lighting and sound effects and splendid props, the audience was transported to the world of lovable, nervous Mole (Issy Huckle), enthusiastic and practical Water Rat (Katherine Shaw), stern and wise Badger (Clive Hadfield) and vain, impulsive Toad (David Connor).
Andy Naylor has adapted the tale with a simplified approach for River Studios and while remaining true to the story, has added quirky embellishments.
Friendship, kindness and loyalty remain the essence of the play and the stage belongs to the four main characters who give exemplary performances.
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 4 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 5 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 6 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 7 Seven of the best locations for a minibreak staycation in Norfolk
- 8 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 9 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 10 Taxi driver hopes to be named Miss Voluptuous UK
Even without furry costumes, full-size motor cars, boats and caravans, they make the show a seasonal winner.