The Royal Norfolk Show 2017: Umbrellas and wellies are the fashion theme of the day
- Credit: Nick Butcher
With the weather being wet, wet, wet, wellies and umbrellas are the fashion theme for visitors to this year's Royal Norfolk show.
Lisa Groom, 45 and from Mulbarton, and her nine-year-old daughter Kate were among the people determined not to let the weather stop them dressing in their best and had accessorised with a rainbow-coloured umbrella from Tiger to keep them dry.
Lisa said; 'I'm wearing a vintage Laura Ashley dress and my trusty Spanish riding boots, and Kate is wearing a dress from good old John Lewis, plus a girl has got to have pearls!
'But we packed the shoes away this morning and are also wearing waterproofs. Kate has her navy blue Hunter wellies on. We have had many years of glorious sunshine at the show so it is inevitably going to rain at some point!'
Jeremy and Sarah Wales, 52 and 41 and from Boughton, along with their children Suki and Barnaby, 12 and eight, were also among the people determined to have a good time despite the weather and were sheltering from the rain with the help of two very patriotic Union flag umbrellas, meanwhile Kirsty Smith, 21 and from Taverham, was out style spotting for the Best Dressed and Headline Hat competition sponsored by intu Chapelfield.
You may also want to watch:
She had an umbrella featuring the words 'we're singing in the rain' and was wearing a black floral jumpsuit with wellibobs and a black fascinator in her hair.
'I'm wearing a jumpsuit because I didn't feel like a dress in this weather. It's a practical summer outfit for the rain,' she said.
- 1 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 2 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 6 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 7 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 8 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 9 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 10 Delays on A47 following crash
Julie Cole, 39, and her five-year-old daughter Poppy had also adapted their show outfits for the weather and had a bright blue umbrella with white and pink spots.
'We are wearing comfortable waterproof clothes and warm clothes. Poppy has Hunter wellies on and mine are Le Chameau,' said Julie, adding that they had also bought some brightly coloured gloves for Poppy to keep her hands warm.
For more stories about the Royal Norfolk Show click here