The Rocky Horror Show
Stacia BriggsNorwich Theatre RoyalStacia Briggs
Norwich Theatre Royal
It's fair to say the Rocky Horror audience isn't quite what you're used to seeing at the Theatre Royal - for a start, almost half have come wearing only their underwear.
David Bedella is outstanding as the transvestite love machine Frank N Furter, possessing a voice richer than chocolate mousse and legs which are twice as tasty. Devilishly flirtatious, he holds the audience in the palm of his hand as he deflowers nerdy couple Brad and Janet who stumble upon his castle on a dark and stormy night.
Christopher Biggins plays the narrator, replacing Christopher Cazenove who died in April. He's fabulous.
Haley Flaherty as Janet, Richard Meek as Brad, Henry Davis as Eddie and Doctor Scott and Brian McCann, Kara Lane and Ceris Hine as Riff-Raff, Magenta and Columbia respectively were all superb.
I'd like to personally thank Dominic Tribuzio, who plays Frank's gym-nastic Adonis, for refraining to wear anything other than skimpy outifts throughout. It was appreciated.
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 3 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 4 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 5 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 6 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 7 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 8 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 9 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 10 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
By the end of the show, everyone was doing the Timewarp - one might say that it's the most fun you can have with your underwear on.
t The Rocky Horror Show is on until Saturday, June 12. Call 01603 630000 or visit www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk.