The Polar Express train ride returns to Norfolk for 2019
- Credit: Archant
From the North Pole to Norfolk, The Polar Express train ride is returning to the county this Christmas.
If you're lucky enough to secure a golden ticket, the magic of The Polar Express awaits at the Mid-Norfolk Railway.
The experience is based on the hit 2004 animated film and is an interactive train ride with live actors as it makes the return journey from Dereham to Wymondham.
The story follows a young boy who doubts the existence of Santa and on Christmas Eve is awoken by the arrival of a steam train outside his house.
He is then taken on an extraordinary journey to the North Pole where he encounters weird and wonderful characters along the way.
You may also want to watch:
After a jingle bells comes loose from the reindeers' reins, Santa gives it to the boy as a gift but he will only be able to hear it if he truly believes.
You will be greeted by the train conductor at the platform who will invite you 'all aboard' and then you will be taken to your seats by the chefs.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 6 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 7 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 8 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 9 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 10 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
Before long, the chefs and waiters arrive to serve cookies and hot chocolate and children will be able to engage with the actors and tell them what makes Christmas special for them.
With a warm feeling in your stomach, you will then listen to the story of the Polar Express and as it is being told there will be surprises both inside and outside he train.
When you arrive at the North Pole, make sure to keep your eyes peeled for Santa's sleigh, a bag of toys and a giant Christmas tree as the man himself gets on board and hands each child their own 'First Gift of Christmas'.
Passengers are encouraged to wear pyjamas like in the film but you'd be wise to make sure there isn't any holes in the pockets.
Chefs on board then lead the passengers in singing Chrsitmas carols as the train heads to Dereham Station and there will be a gift shop with Polar express merchandise on the way out.
The Polar Express train will run from Friday November 15 until Sunday December 29 and you can purchase tickets at midnorfolkthepolarexpressride.com