What to expect as The Garden Party returns to Norwich
- Credit: Archant
If you go down to Chapelfield Gardens this weekend you're sure of a big surprise with acrobatics, circus and street theatre on display.
The Garden Party returns on Saturday May 18 to Sunday May 19 from 12pm to 6pm to celebrate the middle weekend of the Norfolk & Norwich Festival.
There is a free programme of outdoor events on both days with everything from a Time Machine Disco to puppet making, taking place in zones which can be seen on the map.
Whilst you're there make sure to book a show at the Adnams Spiegeltent which includes title show A Simple Space which brings breathtaking circus to the tent from May 15 to 26.
These are the free events taking place in Chapelfield Gardens this weekend...
You may also want to watch:
Glass House Dance
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 8 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 9 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
- 10 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit
Time Machine Disco
12pm and 2.45pm, zone 1
Embark on a clubbing journey through the ages.
Spitz & Co
12pm, 2.45pm and 4.30pm, zone 2
A masterclass in mutiny inspired by Les Miserables.
12pm and 2.45pm, walkabout
A playful, engaging and hands-on street theatre performance for all ages.
Talawa Theatre Company
12.45pm, 2.15pm and 3.45pm, zone 3
Unknown land, new arrivals, boarded doors and a suitcase full of hopes, dreams and aspirations.
The Tide explores the narratives and experiences of migration within The United Kingdom whilst holding a mirror to an evolving British culture.
12.55pm, 2.10pm and 3.55pm, zone 4
A magical circus experience for little ones and their families.
1.15pm 4.15pm, zone 5
A playful performance packed with dance, acrobatics and object manipulation.
1.30pm & 5.15pm, zone 6
A daring new dance-circus show!
Stopgap Dance Company
Frock & Frippery
11am, 3pm and 4.30pm, zone 7
Two dance shows to delight the whole family.
Make and Do Area:
Make puppets with the Puppet Theatre, get creative with Playing Up or create something with Norwich's Men's Shed.
You can purchase tickets to all Norfolk & Norwich Festival shows at nnfestival.org.uk.