The Drive-in Experience coming to Norfolk with cinema, comedy and music
- Credit: Archant
Film and music lovers can enjoy blockbuster movies, comedy and live performances from the comfort of their car at the Drive-in Experience, which is heading to two Norfolk locations.
The event is touring East Anglia and runs over four days in each location, which includes Taverham Hall, near Norwich, from August 13 to 16, and Euston Park, near Thetford, from August 20 to 23.
Both will show The Lego Movie 2 and Sonic the Hedgehog and at Taverham Hall there will also be Scream, Mary Poppins Returns and Grease, while in Euston Park there will be Mamma Mia, Dumbo and Rocketman.
The Drive-in Experience also aims to highlight local talent, with comedian and Britain’s Got Talent star Ben Langley, who lives in Shimpling near Diss, and Norwich drag duo The Squirrels set to appear at both.
Other highlights include former N-Trance star Kelly Llorenna, in Taverham only, YouTube sensation Tiny Tim, Beyoncé and Bruno Mars tribute acts, a live game show with giveaways and DJ sets throughout the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
It has been organised by Norwich promoter Elliot White, who owns Out of Space Events, which normally run retro-themed club nights in venues such as Epic Studios and OPEN Norwich.
Epic Studios will be providing all the technology for The Drive-in Experience, including a giant LED video wall.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 3 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 4 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 5 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit
- 8 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 9 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 10 First patients receive Covid jabs at Norfolk's new mass vaccination centre
Mr White said: “With the situation at the moment with coronavirus it has been vital for me to adapt, so I have come up with a variety show that runs across four days.
“People buy a ticket per car for an individual event and it is contact-free with a show midday, late afternoon, early evening and late evening.
“We will also have food and drink and we are using local vendors, with options such as nachos, pizzas and burgers, and it can be ordered online and it will be delivered to your car.
“My background is in music so I wanted to bring people a show that wasn’t just one theme and supported local talent.”
Tickets cost £35 per car for up to five people, or £5 per extra person, and are on sale at driveinexperience.uk