The Drive-in Experience coming to Norfolk with cinema, comedy and music
- Credit: Archant
Film and music lovers can enjoy blockbuster movies, comedy and live performances from the comfort of their car at the Drive-in Experience, which is heading to two Norfolk locations.
The event is touring East Anglia and runs over four days in each location, which includes Taverham Hall, near Norwich, from August 13 to 16, and Euston Park, near Thetford, from August 20 to 23.
Both will show The Lego Movie 2 and Sonic the Hedgehog and at Taverham Hall there will also be Scream, Mary Poppins Returns and Grease, while in Euston Park there will be Mamma Mia, Dumbo and Rocketman.
The Drive-in Experience also aims to highlight local talent, with comedian and Britain’s Got Talent star Ben Langley, who lives in Shimpling near Diss, and Norwich drag duo The Squirrels set to appear at both.
Other highlights include former N-Trance star Kelly Llorenna, in Taverham only, YouTube sensation Tiny Tim, Beyoncé and Bruno Mars tribute acts, a live game show with giveaways and DJ sets throughout the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
It has been organised by Norwich promoter Elliot White, who owns Out of Space Events, which normally run retro-themed club nights in venues such as Epic Studios and OPEN Norwich.
Epic Studios will be providing all the technology for The Drive-in Experience, including a giant LED video wall.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 10 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
Mr White said: “With the situation at the moment with coronavirus it has been vital for me to adapt, so I have come up with a variety show that runs across four days.
“People buy a ticket per car for an individual event and it is contact-free with a show midday, late afternoon, early evening and late evening.
“We will also have food and drink and we are using local vendors, with options such as nachos, pizzas and burgers, and it can be ordered online and it will be delivered to your car.
“My background is in music so I wanted to bring people a show that wasn’t just one theme and supported local talent.”
Tickets cost £35 per car for up to five people, or £5 per extra person, and are on sale at driveinexperience.uk