The Chuckle Brothers
Sarah HardyNorwich Theatre RoyalSarah Hardy
Norwich Theatre Royal
The brothers, Paul and Barry, are back in town, on their annual visit to the theatre and boy do we enjoy their company. The Yorkshire duo, who are indeed brothers, have a huge following thanks to their 23 years on children's telly with Chucklevision.
They continue this fun and games on stage with sketches, songs, getting children up on stage, gags - and general mayhem! There's an incident just before the interval which sees the audience attacked with water pistols and it's fairly savage!
They are helped by their two older brothers, both true song and dance men, and Safire, a magic act, so there's plenty to keep the two-hour show going. And that's before you mention their catchy catch-phrases.
This is old-style musical hall entertainment at its best. They started out as winners of the first New Faces talent show in the early 1970s and they intend to keep going with a movie due out soonish, a joint autobiography before Christmas and another Chucklevision series in the autumn. And you can catch them at Great Yarmouth this summer!
I could do with a bit of what they're on as I went home with my 10 and eight-year-old and needed a rest - and they were straight back on stage for the second show of the day!
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 4 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 5 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 6 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 7 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 8 Seven of the best locations for a minibreak staycation in Norfolk
- 9 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 10 Taxi driver hopes to be named Miss Voluptuous UK