The Abba Show
Princess Theatre, Huntanton
A packed auditorium of all ages was transported back to the 1970s when Coventry-based group Smackee performed their tribute to hit band Abba.
Complete with glitter, platform shoes and flared trousers, the show exploded with energy.
Lead vocalists Dawn Teresa Glenville, aka Agnetha Faltskog, and Margaret Marnes, aka Anni-Frid Lyngstad, commanded the stage with powerfully rich voices and vibrant dancing.
With talented lead guitarist Rob Mackenzie, aka Bjorn Ulvaeus, and keyboard player Barry Richard Walker, aka Benny Anderson, the theatre was alive with dynamic performances of Chiquitita, Super Trouper and Dancing Queen, which had people dancing in the aisles.
You may also want to watch:
The group was formed in 1976 by Barry Walker, who continues as the musical director and producer.
A truly talented quartet supported by equally talented guitar/keyboard player Keith Liddle and Tom Mollins on bass.
- 1 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 2 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 3 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 4 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 5 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 6 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 7 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 8 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
- 9 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 10 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
This show is a must for the summer season and can be seen every Tuesday night until August 26 – for the finale night, the audience is urged to wear Abba-style fancy dress to get a free drink. Further details from the box office 01485 532252.