The Abba Show
Princess Theatre, Huntanton
A packed auditorium of all ages was transported back to the 1970s when Coventry-based group Smackee performed their tribute to hit band Abba.
Complete with glitter, platform shoes and flared trousers, the show exploded with energy.
Lead vocalists Dawn Teresa Glenville, aka Agnetha Faltskog, and Margaret Marnes, aka Anni-Frid Lyngstad, commanded the stage with powerfully rich voices and vibrant dancing.
With talented lead guitarist Rob Mackenzie, aka Bjorn Ulvaeus, and keyboard player Barry Richard Walker, aka Benny Anderson, the theatre was alive with dynamic performances of Chiquitita, Super Trouper and Dancing Queen, which had people dancing in the aisles.
The group was formed in 1976 by Barry Walker, who continues as the musical director and producer.
A truly talented quartet supported by equally talented guitar/keyboard player Keith Liddle and Tom Mollins on bass.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 2 Carriageway of A11 remains closed after air ambulance called to crash
- 3 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages in north Norfolk
- 5 Drink driving teacher crashed into church wall with baby in car
- 6 Recycling centre closures planned as part of £15m County Hall cuts
- 7 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 8 Police called after sudden death at home near Norwich
- 9 Customers travelling especially to visit charming new café at fishery
- 10 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
This show is a must for the summer season and can be seen every Tuesday night until August 26 – for the finale night, the audience is urged to wear Abba-style fancy dress to get a free drink. Further details from the box office 01485 532252.