That’s the way to do it! Robin plays parrot in latest fun filled Cromer & Sheringham Operatic & Dramatic Society production
- Credit: Archant
They are famed for mimicking humans, but in a vocal twist Robin Taylor will be playing the part of a parrot in a much loved play.
Robin was engaged on the spot after auditioning for the role of General Gordon in Cromer & Sheringham Operatic & Dramatic Society's production of The Ladykillers.
Director Peter Howell said: ' The parrot's voice is vital to the plot and cannot be recorded because the timing of this wonderful comedy is so fast we could not risk it. Luckily, our chairman proved more than equal to the task of impersonating a parrot, although not visually you understand, so he
will voice the parrot from behind the scenes.'
The play is a recent reworking of the classic 1950s Ealing film comedy starring Alec Guinness, Peter Sellers, Herbert Lom and Cecil Parker and promises to brighten up a few dark and dank winter evenings.
You may also want to watch:
The Ladykillers takes place at Sheringham Little Theatre from February 22-25.
Book online at sheringhamlittletheatre.com or call the box office on 01263 822347.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Banham Zoo welcomes birth of two tiger cubs
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
For more information visit www.csods.com or Csods Facebook page.