Ten of the best places to get fish and chips in Norfolk - according to our readers
- Credit: Matthew Usher
To celebrate National Fish and Chip Day on Friday, we asked our readers on Twitter to send in recommendations for the best fish and chips in Norfolk. Here's a look at some of the places suggested.
• French's Fish and Chip Shop, 10 Quayside, Wells-next-the-Sea
Seaside towns are full of choice when it comes to fish and chips and Wells certainly has an abundance of options, but French's Fish and Chip Shop seems to be a firm favourite with some of our readers. The traditional British chippy, which has both a restaurant and takeaway, was an area winner at the National Fish and Chip Awards 2016 and due to its location offers great views of Wells Harbour for you to enjoy while you eat.
• Straits Fish and Chip Shop, 32a High Street, Sheringham Another traditional seaside fish and chip shop that comes highly recommended by locals and tourists alike, especially by The Prairie Cottage (@theprairiehouse) who have said on Twitter they think that Straits are 'top notch'.
You may also want to watch:
• Mother Hubbard's, 91 Market Place, Swaffham This fish and chip shop and 52-seater restaurant prides itself as being the home of 'award winning' fish and chips in Swaffham and this year is celebrating its 25th year of serving the community. Several of our readers recommended this particular place, including @BrockettMatthew and @marcusandlisa11.
- 1 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 2 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 3 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
- 4 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 5 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 6 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 7 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 8 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 9 Shop worker receives complaints for asking customers to wear face masks
- 10 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
• Supafry, 28-30 Greevgate, Hunstanton
The traditional fish and chip shop in Hunstanton comes highly recommended for its large portions and fresh fish which is often cooked in front of the customers.
• Tides Restaurant, Promenade, Cromer Pier, Cromer With arguably one of the best views of the coast in Cromer, Tides Restaurant is serving up a whole host of dishes, including the humble fish and chips.
• Landamore's Fish and Chips, 4 High Street, Coltishall
Landamore's is a family-owned business located in the heart of the Norfolk Broads. The takeaway, which has a five-star hygiene rating, offers everything you could possibly want from a fish and chip shop and is open Tuesday through to Saturday.
• The Remembrandt, 65 Dereham Road, Easton
Owners Skip and Lucy have been serving fish and chips to the Easton community for the past 14 years, and provide an expansive menu and a relaxed restaurant in which their food can be enjoyed or a standard takeaway service for those wishing to savour the fried treats at home.
• Holt Fish Bar, 11 Shirehall Plain, Town Centre, Holt
According to Diane Knowles, (@dianaknowles571) the Holt Fish Bar is 'brilliant', and she isn't the only one who thinks so if TripAdvisor reviews are anything to go by. If you're in the area, the restaurant and takeaway in the centre of Holt is great for fresh fish, good service and reasonable prices.
• No1 Cromer, 1 New Street, Cromer
Owned by Michelin starred chef, Galton Blackiston, No1 Cromer offers both take away and restaurant dining options. Their modern British restaurant, Upstairs at No1, is headed up by chef Jimmy Preston and has been ranked as the 6th best place to eat by the sea by the Times. They were also finalists for the 2016 National Fish and Chip Awards and have over 600 excellent reviews on TripAdvisor.
• Grosvenor Fish Bar, 28 Lower Goat Lane, Norwich
With 90 years of experience serving up the 'usual chip shop fare', The Grosvenor Fish Bar has along standing reputation among locals and tourists alike, and with a menu that contains options such as 'Bass with Sass' and 'Wako Taco' it's pretty easy to see why they're so popular.
• Did your favourite fish and chip shop make the list? Let us know in the comments below.