Suzi set for Anglian gig
Rock legend Suzi Quatro has been confirmed as the headline act at an East Anglian music festival this summer. The leather-clad singer will top the bill act at Halesworth's Gig in the Park, and is expected to attract thousands of people.
Rock legend Suzi Quatro has been confirmed as the headline act at an East Anglian music festival this summer.
The leather-clad singer will top the bill act at Halesworth's Gig in the Park, and is expected to attract thousands of people people.
Her latest album, Back to the Drive, was released last month, 33 years since her first number one in 1973 with Can the Can. In the 70s she spent 101 weeks in the UK charts with hits like Devil Gate Drive and 48 Crash. She has more recently worked in television and as a DJ on Radio 2.
She will be supported by rock-and-roll act The Pirates, originally Johnny Kid and the Pirates, who are best remembered for Shakin' All Over, their number one in 1960.
Ska band The Beat will headline on the Friday night, August 4, while local favorites The Lee Vasey Big Band will round off proceedings on Sunday, August 6.
Organisers are still finalising other supporting acts, and bands interested in playing should download the form from www.giginthepark.co.uk.
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 3 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 4 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 7 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 8 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 9 'TV naturalist suggests Western Link is not 'tolerable'
- 10 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals