Suzi set for Anglian gig
Rock legend Suzi Quatro has been confirmed as the headline act at an East Anglian music festival this summer. The leather-clad singer will top the bill act at Halesworth's Gig in the Park, and is expected to attract thousands of people.
Rock legend Suzi Quatro has been confirmed as the headline act at an East Anglian music festival this summer.
The leather-clad singer will top the bill act at Halesworth's Gig in the Park, and is expected to attract thousands of people people.
Her latest album, Back to the Drive, was released last month, 33 years since her first number one in 1973 with Can the Can. In the 70s she spent 101 weeks in the UK charts with hits like Devil Gate Drive and 48 Crash. She has more recently worked in television and as a DJ on Radio 2.
She will be supported by rock-and-roll act The Pirates, originally Johnny Kid and the Pirates, who are best remembered for Shakin' All Over, their number one in 1960.
You may also want to watch:
Ska band The Beat will headline on the Friday night, August 4, while local favorites The Lee Vasey Big Band will round off proceedings on Sunday, August 6.
Organisers are still finalising other supporting acts, and bands interested in playing should download the form from www.giginthepark.co.uk.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 7 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich