Superhero characters championing girl power are set to join the GoGoHares trail
- Credit: Mark Ivan Benfield
Two new superhero characters championing girl power have swooped into Norwich ready to take their places on the GoGoHares charity art trail later this month.
The GoGoHares Barb O'Hare Gordon and Robyn have both been designed by artist Hilary Sanderson and they were unveiled at an event at Clapham and Collinge's Norwich office in All Saints Green on Thursday.
Barb O'Hare Gordon - a tribute to the superhero Barbara Gordon aka Batgirl - has been sponsored by Clapham and Collinge meanwhile Robyn - a female take on Batman's famous sidekick - has been sponsored by Contract Personnel.
The two characters will be among 50 GoGoHares dotted around Norwich this summer for a trail celebrating 50 years of children's charity Break.
Jacqueline Harris, from Contract Personnel, said: 'The superhero theme just seemed not only current and fun for the trail, but also stayed on theme with our historical Wonder Woman GoGoDragon, who we still proudly present in our Norwich Contract Personnel office for anyone who wishes to pay her a visit.
'We chose Robyn as a glamorous superhero sidekick of Clapham & Collinge's Batgirl.'
Louis Hilldrup-Boorman, from Clapham and Collinge, said: 'With feminism reaching a new level of public consciousness due to various movements in the media, we are proud to sponsor a powerful, female character during what has been deemed The Year of the Woman.'
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 3 Luxury manor for sale with a 'Hobbit house' in the grounds
- 4 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 5 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 6 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 7 Car flips over in crash near south Norfolk village
- 8 Unfinished barn conversion to go up for sale at auction
- 9 Out of control dog attacked and killed sheep, court hears
- 10 Norwich painter and decorator named best in the country
Break has organised the GoGoHares project with Wild in Art and there will also be two more GoGoHares trails - a second city trail of 160 leverets and a county-wide trail of 18 moongazer hares.
Barb O'Hare Gordon, Robyn and all of the other GoGoHares will be celebrated in a GoGoHares sticker book being created by the EDP and Evening News in partnership with Break and East of England Co-op.
The GoGoHares album will cost £5 but people who pre-order it before June 17 will save £1 and pay just £4. To pre-order, visit www.edp24.co.uk/hares or call 01603 772138.
Schools or groups wanting to place a bulk order may be eligible for an extra discount - call 01603 772138 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more on GoGoHares, including the trail dates, visit www.gogohares.co.uk