Strictly Come Dancing stars coming to Cromer Pier for new season
- Credit: Archant
TV stars of dance and comedy, a golfing guru and music ranging from classical cello to Irish jigs, are among the early season treats being lined up at Cromer Pier.
The stars of Strictly Come Dancing Pasha Kovalev and Katya Vishilas have devised a sensational new 'live' show that is a must for fans of the TV contest.
Pasha was partnered with Countdown's Rachel Riley in last year's series.
The stage show on March 27 sees Russian Pasha and Lithuanian Katya feature with guest dancers in a series of costumed dance routines ranging from the magic and sparkle of Cha Cha and passionate drama of the Paso Doble to and the full-on energy of the Jive.
On April 4 wickedly outspoken Jim Davidson returns to the theatre with Richard Digance in Back Together Again.
Jim fresh from the Big Brother House will spill the beans on what really went on behind the fence.
He is joined by comedy entertainer and renowned musician, Richard Digance for a short tour.
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 4 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 5 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 6 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 7 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 8 Seven of the best locations for a minibreak staycation in Norfolk
- 9 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 10 'I listen to science': City folk hit back at anti-vax protests
The pier reawakens from its winter slumber on March 1 - with a visit by renowned cellists Julian and Jiaxin Lloyd Webber with pianist Pam Chowhan, performing music by a range of composers including Bach, Vivaldi and Dvorak.
The hit show Essence of Ireland on March 21 tells a story of love, joy, happiness and heartache – a moving story told through music, song and dance from Danny Boy to Whiskey in the jar.
Golfers will enjoy an evening of anecdote and wit from commentator Peter Alliss on March 29.
Other shows to look out for this year include Pam Ayres, Olly Day and the Jonathan Wyatt Big Band, Steve Hewlett, The Dreamboys, Blake, Elkie Brooks, the Vienna Festival Ballet and on March 8 a rescheduled visit from Joe Longthorne who had to cancel his tour date last year because of ill health.
A brochure with more information about the shows will shortly be available from the box office and other outlets.