Strictly Come Dancing 2016: End of the road for EastEnders star Tameka Empson after Laura Whitmore dance-off
- Credit: PA
Ed Balls was the people's favourite on Strictly Come Dancing as he received a standing ovation for the second week in a row – despite once again being at near bottom of the scoreboard.
But there was to be no happy Hollywood ending for Tameka Empson as she became the second celebrity to leave Strictly Come Dancing.
The EastEnders actress and her professional partner Gorka Marquez were in the bottom two, along with TV presenter Laura Whitmore and professional dancer Giovanni Pernice, after their scores from the judges were combined with results of the viewer vote.
The judges were left to make the final decision, with Craig Revel Horwood, Bruno Tonioli and Len Goodman opting to keep Miss Whitmore in the show.
Darcey Bussell voted in Mrs Empson's favour, although she praised both couples for 'cleaning up' their respective dance routines.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'For me, because it was a stronger focus and intent into the performance, I am going to save Tameka and Gorka.'
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 6 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 7 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 10 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night