Street celebration will draw on creativity and diversity for 7th year
- Credit: Archant
Billed as they city's liveliest street fair, the Magdalen Street Celebration returns this weekend for its 7th year.
With everyone from artists to local performers, to history experts and organisations, the event aims to 'celebrate the creativity and diversity of the most diverse and eclectic neighbourhood in the city, through art, music, dance and any which way' people choose.
One of the organisers, Stuart McLaren said he was looking forward to the celebration. He said: 'It's all going to plan so far, it's been growing every year.
'It's run by a small group of volunteers, and it's all about enjoying yourself and celebrating being part of the community in north Norwich, which sometimes doesn't get as much attention.'
He said there would be two stages again this year - one in Anglia Square and one under the bridge on Magdalen Street itself. But the latter was, for the first time, being organised by Epic Studios.
You may also want to watch:
'It's never been so professional,' said Mr McLaren.
He added that although the celebration did have support from Norwich City Council, Norfolk County Council, and Black History Month, the committee spent much of the year seeking out the funds for the day.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 4 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 5 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 6 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 9 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 10 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
The event will run from 11am - 5pm, on Saturday, October 8, and is free.
For more information see www.magdalenstreetcelebration.com