Storytelling time with Snow White and Muddles at Norwich library
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
Excited youngsters enjoyed the magic of seeing a classic fairytale jump out from the storybook as Snow White led a reading session at Norfolk and Norwich Millennium Library.
Snow White is this year's Norwich Theatre Royal pantomime and the title character, played by actress Amie Howes, was joined by Muddles, played by Ben Langley, for today's event.
The duo delighted their young audience as they brought to life the tale of how Snow White tries to escape the clutches of the wicked queen by hiding in the woods where she is helped by seven dwarves.
Miss Howes said: 'It was amazing. The children were hooked on every word and really enjoyed the story. I have never seen a group of children stay so quiet for so long. It is great to be able to tell a story in this way. We had a great turn-out and it was fantastic to see so many children here, plus their mums, dads and grandparents. If you want to see the story of Snow White on stage, there is still time to come along to the pantomime. We would love to see you.'
The Theatre Royal pantomime also features Jennifer Ellison as Queen Evilynne, Richard Gauntlett as as Nurse Dorothy Dumpling, Bruce Graham as Igor the Henchman, and David Burilin as Prince Frederick.
You may also want to watch:
Snow White runs until January 17. For more details, visit www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk or call 01603 630000.
Do you have a Norwich arts story? Email arts correspondent Emma Knights at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 7 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 8 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 9 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?