Steps to play first ever gig in East Anglia
- Credit: Fascination
Get ready to stomp all night long as pop supergroup Steps are coming to East Anglia for the first time.
The band, which found fame in the late 1990s, have announced they will be performing at Euston Hall, near Thetford, next July.
Claire, Faye, 'H', Lisa and Lee will be singing and dancing to some of their best known hits, including 5,6,7,8, Deeper Shade of Blue, and Tragedy at the Suffolk hall on July 22.
The announcement comes ahead of the band's sold-out Party on the Dancefloor tour which starts in Belfast next month.
The concert is being staged by Outside Live, which ran a series of summer picnic concerts at Taverham Hall this year with acts such as Jools Holland.
You may also want to watch:
Morris Muter, director at Outside Live, said: 'We are thrilled that Steps have agreed to work with us and will be performing at the Euston Estate.
'The combination of their fantastic, feel-good songs, along with the wonderful setting will mean fans will be in for a real treat.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 4 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 5 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 6 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 9 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 10 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
'We put a lot of work into securing Steps for this regional concert because the response to their comeback tour has been really impressive.'
During their career Steps have notched up 14 top five singles and have sold more than 20 million records.
They have had three UK number one albums and singles.
The band split up in 2001 but reformed 10 years later for the Sky Living series, Steps: Reunion. The second series in 2012 followed the group on their 22-date sell-out tour.
Steps reformed for a second time in 2017 and released their fifth studio album; Tears on the Dancefloor, which featured a song written by Abba legends Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus.
The album which reached number two in the charts.
Andrew Blenkiron, estate director at Euston Estate, added 'We are delighted to welcome Outside Live to Euston Park, their outdoor events already have a great reputation locally and we are looking forward to hosting their world class acts in our beautiful parkland for the people of East Anglia to enjoy next summer'.
Ticket prices start at £40, plus a booking fee, and go on sale on Friday October 27.
• Tickets can be purchased from outsidelive.co.uk or by calling 01603 310103.