Spitfire will be star at air show
CELIA WIGG A wartime Spitfire with a noble RAF history will be the star attraction at Old Buckenham's annual air show in June.
A wartime Spitfire with a noble RAF history will be the star attraction at Old Buckenham's annual air show in June.
fighter plane flew 40 missions with the RAF's 16 Squadron during the second world war, and will be featured alongside other historic aircraft.
in aid of the East Anglian Air Ambulance, the show has gone from strength to strength and is now in its fourth year.
You may also want to watch:
owner Paul Layzell said: "We are still finalising our event for 2005, but the thousands who attended last year can be sure we will have a day that simply cannot be missed.
"It will be the first time we have attracted a Spitfire, an indication of the growing importance of the event. Maurice Hammond's Norfolk-based P-51 Mustang, Janie, is also confirmed for June, together with another P-51 Mustang, Big Beautiful Doll, flown by Rob Davis.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 8 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
"In addition to these superb, historic and legendary second world war aircraft, the show will also feature some of the most extreme aerobatic aircraft, flown by some of the finest pilots on the UK air show scene."
Layzell said there would be a wide variety of ground displays, and new participants were welcome to join them in raising funds for an "excellent cause".
has developed the former wartime American bomber base into one of the finest recreational airfields in the region, and the air show, on Sunday, June 26, is a highlight of the region's flying calendar.