Southrepps Classical Music Festival in village church
- Credit: Archant © 2004
High quality music will be performed in a north Norfolk village church for a popular classical music festival.
The Southrepps Classical Music Festival at St James' Church in the village (NR11 8NR) will be starting on Thursday August 7 at 7.30pm and finishing on Sunday August 10.
Musicians in the opening concert will be Ben Johnson, Tom Primrose, Jonathan Bloxham, and The Southrepps Sinfonia.
There will be a lunchtime recital on Friday at 12.30pm with singer Clare Presland, cellist Brian O'Kane and pianist Tom Primrose.
A sing recital will be happening on Friday at 7.30pm.
The Southrepps Chorale will be performing on Saturday at 12.30pm.
Handel's Messiah will be performed on Saturday ay 7.30pm.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 4 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 5 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 7 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 8 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 9 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 10 All I want for Christmas is... a twinkling tractor with fairy lights
A coffee concert will be happening on Sunday at 11am.
The festival will finish off with a gala performance on Sunday at 7.30pm featuring showpieces from soloists, star instrumental performers, and from participants in the Young Artists' Programme.
The festival is in its fifth year and tickets cost £6 or £12. A season ticket for all the concerts costs £45.
Call 01263 834691 or visit www.southrepps-classical-music-festival.org for more details.