Soprano Dame Emma Kirkby to perform at Gresham’s School Holt
Distinguished soprano Dame Emma Kirkby and lutenist Jakob Lindberg are returning to Gresham's School at Holt to perform a concert that will include songs and pieces from early 17th century Europe.
The event on Tuesday June 12 at 8pm, features the work of composers such as Dowland, Monteverdi, d'India, Strozzi and Purcell, and is the last of this year's subscription concerts at the school.
Dame Emma's career has seen her form long partnerships with some of the world's foremost baroque ensembles including the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment, The Academy of Ancient Music and London Baroque.
Although extremely active in the recording studio, with more than 100 recordings to her name, she prefers live performances and maintains a busy concert schedule in the UK and abroad.
Jakob Lindberg regularly accompanies her and other soloists and is an active continuo player on the theorbo and arch lute, working with such ensembles as Monteverdi Choir, The English Consort and The Academy of Ancient Music. He is the first lutenist to have recorded the complete solo lute music by John Dowland and his recording of Bach's music for solo lute is considered to be one of the most important readings of these works. As well as a busy recording and international performing career, Jakob teaches at the Royal College or Music.
The following day pupils from Gresham's senior and prep schools, along with children from Beeston Hall School and Stibbard Primary school will benefit from the expertise of both Emma Kirkby and Jakob Lindberg in a series of masterclasses which will take place in the Senior School memorial Chapel.
Tickets, priced �22, are available from the Auden Theatre box office on 01263 713444.
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 3 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 4 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 5 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 6 Staff and customers gutted after fire badly damages popular takeaway
- 7 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 10 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre