Smallholder show at Sheringham Park
- Credit: Archant
A smallholding show is set for its biggest ever year with more stalls and animals on show this weekend.
The ninth annual Norfolk Smallholders Training Group (NSTG) show takes place at Sheringham Park, on Sunday August 2 from 10am-4pm.
The show aims to celebrate the work of smallholders, educate families about where their food comes from and raise money for equipment shared by the smallholding group.
There will be a selection of home-produced Norfolk food and goods, traditional crafts, exhibitions and demonstrations, sheep shearing, a fun dog show, livestock and members' poultry exhibition.
There will also be a smallholders' question time, a children's trail and games, and the chance to find out more about the NSTG and what it does.
Bernard Ashe, press officer for the NSTG, said: 'This year we have more stalls than ever had before, we have around 60 and we have increased the number of animals. There will be miniature donkeys in the main ring and Jersey cows will be coming along, there will also be sheep shearing, goats, alpacas, and we have a big poultry tent as well with around 25 cages of poultry. What we try and do is make it a nice family day out.'
Admission to the show is free for members and children under 16, and £5 for non-members. The price includes car parking and access to the park.
- 1 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 2 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 3 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 4 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 6 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 7 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 8 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 9 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 10 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school
NSTG membership costs £12 a year and for more information about courses or joining visit www.nstg.org.uk