Smallholder show at Sheringham Park
- Credit: Archant
A smallholding show is set for its biggest ever year with more stalls and animals on show this weekend.
The ninth annual Norfolk Smallholders Training Group (NSTG) show takes place at Sheringham Park, on Sunday August 2 from 10am-4pm.
The show aims to celebrate the work of smallholders, educate families about where their food comes from and raise money for equipment shared by the smallholding group.
There will be a selection of home-produced Norfolk food and goods, traditional crafts, exhibitions and demonstrations, sheep shearing, a fun dog show, livestock and members' poultry exhibition.
There will also be a smallholders' question time, a children's trail and games, and the chance to find out more about the NSTG and what it does.
You may also want to watch:
Bernard Ashe, press officer for the NSTG, said: 'This year we have more stalls than ever had before, we have around 60 and we have increased the number of animals. There will be miniature donkeys in the main ring and Jersey cows will be coming along, there will also be sheep shearing, goats, alpacas, and we have a big poultry tent as well with around 25 cages of poultry. What we try and do is make it a nice family day out.'
Admission to the show is free for members and children under 16, and £5 for non-members. The price includes car parking and access to the park.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 4 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 5 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 8 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
NSTG membership costs £12 a year and for more information about courses or joining visit www.nstg.org.uk