Community theatre puts on pantomime with dementia support group
- Credit: Maria Lucas
Two South Norfolk community groups had a 'smashing' time when they put on a pantomime last week.
Slow Theatre Company worked with Wymondham Dementia Support Group (WDSG) to bring Jack and the Beanstalk to the Pabulum Cafe in Wymondham on Friday.
The production's cast included people with dementia, their carers, families and WDSG volunteers.
Slow Theatre Company founder and artistic director Danny O'Hara said: 'It was a smashing success.'
Ms O'Hara said her show highlights included a woman with dementia singing Gilbert and Sullivan's I'm Called Little Buttercup, and a 'surprise visit' from The Spice Girls, featuring WDSG volunteer Dianne Fernee as Baby Spice.
You may also want to watch:
Slow Theatre Company describes itself as a not-for profit organisation with social purpose, initiating, and working with community projects.
- 1 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 5 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 8 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 9 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat
- 10 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled