Six things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Looking for something to do on Saturday or Sunday? Here's a look at some of the events taking place across the county.
Saturday July 30
• Old Buckenham Airshow, Old Buckenham Airfield, 10am, General admission £12-£25
Last year, the team succeeded in putting Pussy Galore back in her Goldfinger Helicopter after 50 years. This year the team are planning a show that is bigger and better than ever before with spectacular air displays from the likes of The Wildcats, Staggerwing and Yak 52 as well as tank rides, classic cars and a fun fair.
• Covent Garden's Street Performers, Baxter's Plain, King's Lynn, 12pm-3pm, Free entry
A selection of Covent Garden's best street performers will be swapping the capital for King's Lynn this summer. This weekend will see Akira and George Orange perform in the town. Akira's act combines dance, DJ mixing skills and the creation of artwork all at the same time, while George Orange is a circus-performer.
• Laugh In The Park Comedy Festival, Chapelfield Gardens, 5.30pm, £20
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 3 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 4 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 5 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 6 'Oh God almighty, this woman!' - Zoom council meeting descends into chaos
- 7 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 8 More than 80 Norfolk parishes protest against wind farm plans
- 9 Tributes paid to much-loved family man who died in A143 crash
- 10 Boss 'gutted' after scenes cut from Ed Balls' Who Do You Think You Are?
Laugh In The Park Comedy Festival runs from July 28 to July 31 in Chapelfield Gardens, featuring food, drink and comedians such as Phil Nichol, Andy Askinds, Sean Meo and Aisling Bea, all of whom will be performing on Saturday. Other acts performing at the festival are Stephen K. Amos (July 28), Diane Spencer (July 29) and Andrew Maxwell (July 31).
Sunday July 31
• Alive Games, Vancouver Quarter and the Tuesday Market Place, King's Lynn, 11am-2pm, Free entry
A day of free sporting activities is being held in King's Lynn this weekend to celebrate the start of the summer holidays and the approaching Olympic Games. Activities on the day will include tennis, gymnastic demonstrations, a climbing wall, a skate ramp, kurling, football, rowing and hockey.
• Wells Carnival, Wells, 7am-8pm, Free entry
Wells Carnival has been taking place in the town for over 50 years, and this year promises to be a great event. Running from July 29 to August 7, each day will see different activities taking place across Wells. Events on Sunday will include a car boot sale, beer festival, fete day complete with petting zoo, stalls, crafts, dog show and more, as well as the crowning of the Carnival Queen and live music.
• Gorleston Cliff Top Festival, Marine Parade, Gorleston-on-Sea, 11am-9pm, Free entry
This two-day event has been running at the end of July since 1998 and features lots of attractions, such as live music, dance, theatre, sports displays, children's events and a dog show.
• Are you hosting a local event? You can submit it for listing on our website here.