Six things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Looking for something to do on Saturday or Sunday? Here's a look at some of the events taking place across the county.
Saturday July 30
• Old Buckenham Airshow, Old Buckenham Airfield, 10am, General admission £12-£25
Last year, the team succeeded in putting Pussy Galore back in her Goldfinger Helicopter after 50 years. This year the team are planning a show that is bigger and better than ever before with spectacular air displays from the likes of The Wildcats, Staggerwing and Yak 52 as well as tank rides, classic cars and a fun fair.
• Covent Garden's Street Performers, Baxter's Plain, King's Lynn, 12pm-3pm, Free entry
You may also want to watch:
A selection of Covent Garden's best street performers will be swapping the capital for King's Lynn this summer. This weekend will see Akira and George Orange perform in the town. Akira's act combines dance, DJ mixing skills and the creation of artwork all at the same time, while George Orange is a circus-performer.
• Laugh In The Park Comedy Festival, Chapelfield Gardens, 5.30pm, £20
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 3 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 4 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 5 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 6 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 7 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 8 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 9 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 10 Norfolk scenes cut from Netflix's Sutton Hoo film The Dig
Laugh In The Park Comedy Festival runs from July 28 to July 31 in Chapelfield Gardens, featuring food, drink and comedians such as Phil Nichol, Andy Askinds, Sean Meo and Aisling Bea, all of whom will be performing on Saturday. Other acts performing at the festival are Stephen K. Amos (July 28), Diane Spencer (July 29) and Andrew Maxwell (July 31).
Sunday July 31
• Alive Games, Vancouver Quarter and the Tuesday Market Place, King's Lynn, 11am-2pm, Free entry
A day of free sporting activities is being held in King's Lynn this weekend to celebrate the start of the summer holidays and the approaching Olympic Games. Activities on the day will include tennis, gymnastic demonstrations, a climbing wall, a skate ramp, kurling, football, rowing and hockey.
• Wells Carnival, Wells, 7am-8pm, Free entry
Wells Carnival has been taking place in the town for over 50 years, and this year promises to be a great event. Running from July 29 to August 7, each day will see different activities taking place across Wells. Events on Sunday will include a car boot sale, beer festival, fete day complete with petting zoo, stalls, crafts, dog show and more, as well as the crowning of the Carnival Queen and live music.
• Gorleston Cliff Top Festival, Marine Parade, Gorleston-on-Sea, 11am-9pm, Free entry
This two-day event has been running at the end of July since 1998 and features lots of attractions, such as live music, dance, theatre, sports displays, children's events and a dog show.
• Are you hosting a local event? You can submit it for listing on our website here.