Six things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Here's a quick guide to some of the events taking place across the county on Saturday and Sunday.
Saturday 21 May
• Great Yarmouth Beer and Cider Festival, St George's Theatre, 11am-3pm (£3 admission) and 5pm-11pm (£5 admission)
The annual Great Yarmouth Beer and Cider Festival will be taking place at St George's Theatre from Thursday 19 May to Sunday 22 May over sessions at lunchtime and in the evening. More than 50 different ales and ciders from a selection of brewers will feature at the Festival and these will be accompanied by entertainment, food and live music.
• The Garden Party, Chapelfield Gardens, 11am-5pm, Free entry
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 3 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 4 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 5 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 6 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 7 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 8 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 9 'Fantastic' barn conversion with golf simulator and games room is for sale
- 10 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
As part of the Norfolk and Norwich Festival, a garden party is being held at Chapelfield Gardens over the weekend. This event will consist of performances and entertainment for all ages, including a fire-breathing dragon, a unique flying machine, circus, Aurora Orchestra and dance acts. There will also be a selection of food and drink available.
• Hanse Festival, King's Lynn, 12pm-10.30pm, Free entry In honour of International Hanse Day, a packed programme of events has been organised in King's Lynn to celebrate the town's rich Hanseatic heritage. Throughout the weekend the streets will be filled with fire breathers, knights on horses and minstrels taking part in activities the whole family will enjoy, from dancing, to arts and crafts and medieval markets.
Sunday 22 May
• Ladies Day at Fakenham Racecourse, 11am-5pm, Prices start from £10, Children go free Here come the come the girls! Ladies Day will be taking place this weekend at Fakenham Racecourse with exciting races, best dressed competitions and afternoon tea. Gates will be open from 11am, with the first race beginning at 2.15pm and the last race taking place a 4.40pm, followed by two pony races.
• Jamie's Game Celebrity Football Match, Norwich City Football Club, 1.30pm, Adults £10, Under-17s free
Jamie's Game, an annual celebrity football match launched in 2013, will return to Norwich City Football Club on Sunday to raise money for the Community Sports Foundation. This year a new group of stars, from television, music, film and sport will take on the game, including X-Men actor, Ben Hardy, former Norwich City footballer Darren Huckerby, and Scott Robinson who is best known for being a member of 90s boyband Five.
• North Elmham Fete and Fun Dog Show, Elmham House, 2pm-5pm, Adults £1, Children free
A traditional family fete will be taking place in North Elmham this weekend, consisting of live music, a dog show, refreshments, a bouncy castle, raffle, tombola, bric-a-brac stalls, jousting and woodland walks. All proceeds from the events will go towards St Mary's Church.
• Are you holding an event? You can list it on our website for free here.