Six things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Need some ideas for the weekend? Here are some of the activities taking place in Norfolk this Saturday and Sunday.
Saturday 2 April
•Storytelling for kids, Dragon Hall, Norwich 12.30pm - 4pm, free entry
Celebrate International Children's Book Day with a visit to the medieval Dragon Hall to enjoy stories told by acclaimed children's writers Robert Paul Weston, Nadine Kaadan and Alexander Gordon Smith. Events are suitable for children aged 5-13 years and entry will be on a first come, first served basis. Visit the Writer's Centre website for more information.
You may also want to watch:
•Sophia Reed Crochet Workshop, John Lewis, 10.30am - 4pm, £50
Award-winning textile designer Sophia Reed will be holding a crochet workshop in the John Lewis Haberdashery section on Saturday 2 April. All abilities welcome, tickets available in store.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
•Swan Lake, Pavilion Theatre, Cromer Pier, 6.30pm, Adults: £20, Children: £15
Vienna Festival Ballet will be performing one of the most popular ballet's in the world this coming Saturday, Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake at Cromer Pier Pavilion Theatre.
Sunday 3 April
• Foolhardy Circus Easter 2016 Show, Wroxham Barns, 12pm - 2pm, £5 per person
Visit Wroxham Barns this Sunday to enjoy a show by the Foolhardy Clowns. The show, called 'Smile', will feature comic timing, classic circus skills and clown skits and will be performed at 12pm then once again at 2pm for children and families.
• Sow a Sweet Pea, Holkham Hall, 10am - 4pm, price included in standard admission
Do you enjoy gardening? Why not visit the Walled Garden at Holkham this weekend and learn how to plant your own sweet pea. Then at the end of the day, take it home and watch it grow.
• Stock car racing, Yarmouth Stadium, 5.30pm, Adults: £15, Children (5-15 years): £7
Spend an evening experiencing the thrill of motor racing at Great Yarmouth Stadium, featuring Banger cars, in a World Championship Qualifying Round, Lightning Rods competing for their 2016 East Anglian Championship and the Rookie Rods competing for their 2016 Norfolk Championship.
•Are you holding an event this weekend? You can list it on our website.