Six things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Need some ideas for the weekend? Here are some of the activities taking place in Norfolk this Saturday and Sunday.
Saturday 2 April
•Storytelling for kids, Dragon Hall, Norwich 12.30pm - 4pm, free entry
Celebrate International Children's Book Day with a visit to the medieval Dragon Hall to enjoy stories told by acclaimed children's writers Robert Paul Weston, Nadine Kaadan and Alexander Gordon Smith. Events are suitable for children aged 5-13 years and entry will be on a first come, first served basis. Visit the Writer's Centre website for more information.
•Sophia Reed Crochet Workshop, John Lewis, 10.30am - 4pm, £50
Award-winning textile designer Sophia Reed will be holding a crochet workshop in the John Lewis Haberdashery section on Saturday 2 April. All abilities welcome, tickets available in store.
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 3 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 4 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 5 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 8 Action taken against cold callers who left homeowner 'freaked out'
- 9 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 10 Police called after illegally parked delivery driver blocks bus routes
•Swan Lake, Pavilion Theatre, Cromer Pier, 6.30pm, Adults: £20, Children: £15
Vienna Festival Ballet will be performing one of the most popular ballet's in the world this coming Saturday, Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake at Cromer Pier Pavilion Theatre.
Sunday 3 April
• Foolhardy Circus Easter 2016 Show, Wroxham Barns, 12pm - 2pm, £5 per person
Visit Wroxham Barns this Sunday to enjoy a show by the Foolhardy Clowns. The show, called 'Smile', will feature comic timing, classic circus skills and clown skits and will be performed at 12pm then once again at 2pm for children and families.
• Sow a Sweet Pea, Holkham Hall, 10am - 4pm, price included in standard admission
Do you enjoy gardening? Why not visit the Walled Garden at Holkham this weekend and learn how to plant your own sweet pea. Then at the end of the day, take it home and watch it grow.
• Stock car racing, Yarmouth Stadium, 5.30pm, Adults: £15, Children (5-15 years): £7
Spend an evening experiencing the thrill of motor racing at Great Yarmouth Stadium, featuring Banger cars, in a World Championship Qualifying Round, Lightning Rods competing for their 2016 East Anglian Championship and the Rookie Rods competing for their 2016 Norfolk Championship.
•Are you holding an event this weekend? You can list it on our website.