Six things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Take a look at our guide to some of the activities taking place in Norfolk this weekend.
Saturday February 20
•The EDP Wedding Show, Norfolk Showground, 10am-4pm, £10 on the door.
The biggest wedding show in East Anglia is back with over 150 wedding suppliers all under one roof. Along with dresses, cakes and flowers there will also be four fully choreographed fashion shows to enjoy. The event continues on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
•Teddy Bear Express, Bure Valley Railway, 9am-5pm, Adult return £13.00 and children travel free.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 5 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 9 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 10 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
Jump aboard the train at either Aylsham or Wroxham and see how many teddy bears you can spot on your journey.
Children will receive a colouring book for the journey and the Whistlestop Cafe has been decorated with teddy bears. Trains depart from Aylsham: 10:00, 12:40 and 15:30; Wroxham: 11:10 and 14:00.
•Puddle Jumping Championships, Welney Wetland Centre, 10am-2.30pm, Price included in admission.
Dress up warm, get your wellies on and prepare to compete in the East Anglian Puddle Jumping Championships. Pools to practise your jumping in will be available from 10am with the competition starting at 1.30pm.
Jumps will be judged on the following three key categories: enthusiasm of jumper, creativity of the jump and the height of the splash. The daily winner will go into a draw to become the overall winner.
Sunday February 21
•Flights of Fancy, Norwich Puppet Theatre, 11am-11.45am, Tickets from £8.00.
Flights of Fancy tells the tale of a baby Glovebird learning to fly, while the earthbound puppeteer and musician attempt to get the show off the ground for the audience. Meet a host of Glovebirds who sing, balance and unicycle, and even a flying pig.
•Snowdrop Walk, Oxburgh Hall, 11.30am-3pm, Price included in admission.
Take a guided walk around Oxburgh's woodlands and take in the carpets of snowdrops, aconites and other seasonal flowers.
•Ancient Oceans, Great Yarmouth Sea Life Centre, 10am-3pm, Online tickets from £9.66.
Young explorers will have to search out a series of prehistoric sea creature clues to earn their Dinosaur Detective certificates as they get up close and personal with some marine creatures.