Six of the best places to get ice cream in Norfolk
- Credit: © ARCHANT NORFOLK PHOTOGRAPHIC
Summer finally seems to be putting in an appearance and nothing says summer like ice cream, so here are some of the best places in the county where you can go to satisfy your cravings for the cold treat.
• Ellie's Ice Cream, 14 High Street, Sheringham
This ice cream parlour in Sheringham only serves Ronaldo's luxury ice cream made in Norwich, but with 85 different flavours on offer you certainly won't be stuck for choice. Owner, Martyn Jackson has said that the fresh Norfolk fruit ice creams, such as gooseberry and raspberry are their most popular flavours, as well as more unusual ice creams such as Norfolk Lavender. 'Salted caramel is also very popular, but I think it depends upon the mood you're in when you walk in as to what you'll enjoy most. There's a great selection to choose from and all of the ice cream is one hundred percent natural and suitable for vegetarians. We also have a range of vegan sorbets on offer'.
• The Pavillion, 17 The Green, Hunstanton
The Pavillion in Hunstanton is home to the Hunstanton Ice Cream Company, a small family business who serve up a wide range of homemade ice cream, sorbets and sundaes. Flavours include Jaffa Cake, Oreo Crumble, Cherry Cheesecake, White Chocolate and Red Bull. If the ice cream alone isn't enough to tempt you, they also serve Belgian waffles, imported directly from the town of Leiage, which you can top with your choice of ice cream.
You may also want to watch:
• Cupcake & Co, 83 Upper St Giles Street, Norwich
Cupcake & Co has a selection of handmade ice cream and sorbets produced by Jack's Gelato in Cambridge. Anne, the owner, has selected several of Jack's many flavours to showcase in her Norwich store. She said, 'We have lots of great flavours on offer, including banana, which is made with real bananas, a lovely passion fruit sorbet and a few unique flavours such as chilli and ginger. We also have 500ml tubs which you can fill with as many flavours of ice cream as you'd like to take home and enjoy.'
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 6 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 7 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 8 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 9 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
Cupcake & Co has recently been closed due to technical issues, but Anne is hopeful that the store will open again next week.
• The Picnic Hut, 73 Staithe Street, Wells-next-the-Sea
The Picnic Hut is famous for its Wells Crab Sandwich, but that's not all they serve. They also have a large selection of ice cream made by local companies such as Lakenham Creamery, which critiquenottingham on TripAdvisor has described as being 'to die for'. Flavours include Wild Strawberry, Tiramisu and Pistachio.
• Dimascio Ice Cream, 5-6 Lower Marine Parade, Gorleston-on-Sea
Located right next to the beach, Dimascio Ice Cream is an ideal spot to stop off at for a cool treat on a hot day. The kiosk has a range of both traditional ice cream and whippy ice cream in various flavours. Popular items include the maple walnut and apple crumble ice creams, as well as the hard chocolate coating you can have on the whippy ice creams, which TripAdvisor user Libby G from Southend says is 'lovely'.
• No1 Cromer and Ice Cromer, 1 New Street, Cromer
The Ice Cromer kiosk serves a range of ice cream made with locally sourced ingredients by Lakenham Cereamery, as well as coffees and doughnuts. All of the ice cream on offer is produced from scratch and there are currently 15 different flavours for customers to try, including Bubble Gum and Rum and Raisin. Strawberry and vanilla whippy ice creams are also available as well as hot sugar doughnut sundaes which are made with a doughnut base, whippy ice cream, chocolate sauce and a nut topping.
• Where's your favourite place to go for ice cream in Norfolk? Let us know in the comments below.