Simon Cowell to split up Norfolk singing duo ITG at X Factor Bootcamp
- Credit: Dymond / Thames / Syco for ITV.
A pair of brothers from Lingwood will see the harsher side of Simon Cowell on The X Factor this weekend.
In scenes to air on the ITV show over October 7 and 8, Alex and Leon Mallett, aka ITG, are forced to split up and take on the Six Chair Challenge as solo artists.
After their performances, judges Simon Cowell, Nicole Sherzinger, Sharon Osbourne and Louis Walsh decide that Leon, 22, should continue on in the competition.
Alex, 18, described the decision as 'brutal'.
He said: 'The experience was a bit brutal, but I'm happy with everything, it was a good time and I'll definitely continue to sing.'
You may also want to watch:
The brothers currently work at The Carlton Hotel in Great Yarmouth. Their mother and grandmother also sing at the hotel.
The X Factor is on ITV, Saturday and Sunday at 8pm.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 4 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 5 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 6 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 7 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 8 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 9 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 10 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home