Simon Cowell to split up Norfolk singing duo ITG at X Factor Bootcamp
- Credit: Dymond / Thames / Syco for ITV.
A pair of brothers from Lingwood will see the harsher side of Simon Cowell on The X Factor this weekend.
In scenes to air on the ITV show over October 7 and 8, Alex and Leon Mallett, aka ITG, are forced to split up and take on the Six Chair Challenge as solo artists.
After their performances, judges Simon Cowell, Nicole Sherzinger, Sharon Osbourne and Louis Walsh decide that Leon, 22, should continue on in the competition.
Alex, 18, described the decision as 'brutal'.
He said: 'The experience was a bit brutal, but I'm happy with everything, it was a good time and I'll definitely continue to sing.'
You may also want to watch:
The brothers currently work at The Carlton Hotel in Great Yarmouth. Their mother and grandmother also sing at the hotel.
The X Factor is on ITV, Saturday and Sunday at 8pm.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 4 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 7 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 8 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 9 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named