Sheringham screenings of movie shot on Cromer Pier
A romantic comedy filmed on and around Cromer Pier will be screened at Sheringham Little Theatre in October.
In Love with Alma Cogan tells the story of theatre manager Norman, who is battling the council over management of the venue, and fearing his lifetime of service to the seaside attraction and the lifeboat crew have been in vain.
The film stars Roger Lloyd Pack as Norman, and hinges on a brief encounter with singing star Alma Cogan in the 1960s.
It was filmed in and around Cromer by Holt-based film company Capriol, run by Tony Britten.
Also in the cast are Niamh Cusack, Gwyneth Strong, and there is a cameo appearance from movie legend and local resident John Hurt.
The movie was released on the film festival circuit last October having been shot during the previous winter.
It won an award of excellence in the feature film category of this year's Canada International Film Festival, but is now due to get an airing in its home county.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 4 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 5 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 6 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 7 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 8 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 9 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 10 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
In Love with Alma Cogan will have special invitation-only screenings next week before before a short public season at the Little Theatre on October 5 and 6 to signal the arrival of the theatre's new digital projection system.
Public screenings will be at 2.30pm and 7.30pm on both days. Tickets cost �5 for adults and �2.50 for under-16s. Call the box office on 01263 822347 to book.