Sheringham screenings of movie shot on Cromer Pier
A romantic comedy filmed on and around Cromer Pier will be screened at Sheringham Little Theatre in October.
In Love with Alma Cogan tells the story of theatre manager Norman, who is battling the council over management of the venue, and fearing his lifetime of service to the seaside attraction and the lifeboat crew have been in vain.
The film stars Roger Lloyd Pack as Norman, and hinges on a brief encounter with singing star Alma Cogan in the 1960s.
It was filmed in and around Cromer by Holt-based film company Capriol, run by Tony Britten.
Also in the cast are Niamh Cusack, Gwyneth Strong, and there is a cameo appearance from movie legend and local resident John Hurt.
You may also want to watch:
The movie was released on the film festival circuit last October having been shot during the previous winter.
It won an award of excellence in the feature film category of this year's Canada International Film Festival, but is now due to get an airing in its home county.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 7 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 8 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
In Love with Alma Cogan will have special invitation-only screenings next week before before a short public season at the Little Theatre on October 5 and 6 to signal the arrival of the theatre's new digital projection system.
Public screenings will be at 2.30pm and 7.30pm on both days. Tickets cost �5 for adults and �2.50 for under-16s. Call the box office on 01263 822347 to book.