Sheringham Little Theatre unveils The Best Comedy Songs in the World Ever, Maybe
- Credit: Archant
They are songs to get you laughing, rather than dancing, with their mix of wit, smut and silliness.
And a selection box of some of the most popular comedy tracks of all time is being staged live at Sheringham Little Theatre.
Duo Pat Abernethy and Dave Marsden will romp through some timeless classics in The Best Comedy Songs in the World Ever, Maybe on Saturday, July 1.
The actors have been working as a pair since 1979, and tour a portfolio of 14 different shows ranging from drama to music. The comedy songs idea was hatched six years ago when discussing their own favourites, and saw them boil down a long list of hundreds to a top 20.
The duo share the singing, with Dave on the piano, and feature some of their own songs including pastiches of Elvis Presley and the Righteous Brothers.
Tickets for the 7.30pm show are £12 through the box-office on 01263 822347 or www.sheringhamlittletheatre.com
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 3 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 4 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 5 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 6 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 7 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 8 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 9 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 10 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed