Sheringham Little Theatre unveils The Best Comedy Songs in the World Ever, Maybe
- Credit: Archant
They are songs to get you laughing, rather than dancing, with their mix of wit, smut and silliness.
And a selection box of some of the most popular comedy tracks of all time is being staged live at Sheringham Little Theatre.
Duo Pat Abernethy and Dave Marsden will romp through some timeless classics in The Best Comedy Songs in the World Ever, Maybe on Saturday, July 1.
The actors have been working as a pair since 1979, and tour a portfolio of 14 different shows ranging from drama to music. The comedy songs idea was hatched six years ago when discussing their own favourites, and saw them boil down a long list of hundreds to a top 20.
The duo share the singing, with Dave on the piano, and feature some of their own songs including pastiches of Elvis Presley and the Righteous Brothers.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the 7.30pm show are £12 through the box-office on 01263 822347 or www.sheringhamlittletheatre.com
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 3 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 6 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 9 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 10 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel