Sheringham Carnival ends with a bang
- Credit: Archant
Sheringham carnival drew to a spectacular close at the weekend, with a family beach party attended by hundreds and a firework finale with a torchlight procession through the town.
A sun-soaked week saw the annual event draw near-record crowds, with Saturday's beach party attracting locals and holidaymakers alike.
Sea creatures made from materials ranging from papier mache, to cut up carnival programmes and garden vegetables were strung along the promenade railings as part of a model fish competition, with other beach party attractions including limbo dancing, face painting and a human table football game on the sand.
A team of intrepid teddies leapt by parachute from a Yak 52 aircraft which, to the delight of parents and youngsters, missed the target laid out on the sand and dropped the 'Ted Devils' into the sea, where the plucky toys were rescued by Sheringham lifeboat.
Sponsorship money from the leap raised nearly £400 for local and national charities including Hillside Animal Sanctuary, Sheringham First Responders and Help for Heroes.
You may also want to watch:
Other weekend events included a fancy dress parkrun at Sheringham Park, open-air yoga sessions and a dog show at the town playground on Cromer Road.
Carnival classics including the chalk-a-picture competition and paper boat race on the Leas led up to Sunday's firework spectacular, which saw hundreds follow piper Dave Harper in a torchlit procession to watch the display from the clifftop above the west beach.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 6 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 7 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 10 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night