Shakin’ Stevens to play Norwich in his biggest ever UK tour
- Credit: Archant
Welsh singing legend Shakin' Stevens is to perform in Norwich as part of his biggest ever UK tour.
The 68-year-old will appear at the Norwich Theatre Royal on Sunday May 7, just one of 33 dates on the Echoes Of Our Times Tour which starts in Carlisle and finishes in Hastings at the end of May.
The platinum-selling artist has four UK number one singles to his name including 'This Ole House', 'Oh Julie' and 'Merry Christmas Everyone'.
Speaking about the tour announcement Shaky said: 'I can't wait to get back on the road, and introduce the songs from 'Echoes Of Our Times' to people who have seen me perform in the past, and those who have not.'
The tour will see the singer unveil another side to his talents, as an artist, songwriter and storyteller and blends blues, roots, Americana and classic rock music.
You may also want to watch:
Director Peter Taylor added: 'We are thrilled to be presenting Shakin' Stevens biggest ever UK tour. This promises to be a fantastic 33 nights of entertainment across the UK and we look forward to welcoming an abundance of fans both old and new.'
• Tickets for the Echoes Of Our Times Tour go on sale at 9am Friday.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 7 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre