Seats selling fast on popular Santa Specials steam train services
Santa will be leaving the elves in charge at the North Pole this month and flying his sleigh to north Norfolk to make a special guest appearance at two heritage railways
Using the same magic that enables him to fly around the whole world in one night, Santa will be waiting to meet children in his grotto at the Bure Valley and North Norfolk railways.
Tickets for the popular Santa Specials steam train rides are already on-sale at both railways with some journeys already fully booked.
Bure Valley Railway's special festive services run from November 24 until Christmas Eve. Tickets cost �14 per person for adults and children. A personalised present for each child, return steam train ride starting from Wroxham and refreshments for all ages are all included in the ticket price.
At Aylsham Station there will be a children's entertainer as well as a chance to see inside the railways workshop.
You may also want to watch:
North Norfolk Railway's Poppy Line will be runnign Santa Specials services from December 1 until Christmas Eve. Stream trains will be hauling carriages festooned with decorations and packed with excited families from Sheringham Statiion direct to Santa's grotto. Children will receive a complimentary soft drink and chocolate treat onboard, whilst the grown-ups will be treated to a glass of sherry and a mince pie. There will also be a children's entertainer and a licensed buffet car.
Tickets cost between �13.50 and �16, incudign reserved seats on the train and a gift for every child.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 5 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 City Council withdraws support for £153m Western Link
- 10 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
Both hertiage railways are also running Mince Pie Specials services.
North Norfolk Railway services start on Boxing Day and run every day up to and including January 1. Holders of rover tickets can enjoy a hot mince pie and a glass of sherry served at thier seat, with a soft drink and a chocolate Santa for the children. There will also be an onbaord buffet car serving mulled wine and other seasonal refreshments
Services on the Bure Valley Railway are from December 27 to January 6 and include a free minceepie for every passenger.
To book, call North Norfolk Railway on 01263 820 800 or Bure Valley Railway on 01263 733858.