Seats selling fast on popular Santa Specials steam train services
Santa will be leaving the elves in charge at the North Pole this month and flying his sleigh to north Norfolk to make a special guest appearance at two heritage railways
Using the same magic that enables him to fly around the whole world in one night, Santa will be waiting to meet children in his grotto at the Bure Valley and North Norfolk railways.
Tickets for the popular Santa Specials steam train rides are already on-sale at both railways with some journeys already fully booked.
Bure Valley Railway's special festive services run from November 24 until Christmas Eve. Tickets cost �14 per person for adults and children. A personalised present for each child, return steam train ride starting from Wroxham and refreshments for all ages are all included in the ticket price.
At Aylsham Station there will be a children's entertainer as well as a chance to see inside the railways workshop.
North Norfolk Railway's Poppy Line will be runnign Santa Specials services from December 1 until Christmas Eve. Stream trains will be hauling carriages festooned with decorations and packed with excited families from Sheringham Statiion direct to Santa's grotto. Children will receive a complimentary soft drink and chocolate treat onboard, whilst the grown-ups will be treated to a glass of sherry and a mince pie. There will also be a children's entertainer and a licensed buffet car.
Tickets cost between �13.50 and �16, incudign reserved seats on the train and a gift for every child.
- 1 Four vehicles, including lorry, involved in 'serious crash' on A1067
- 2 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 3 Motorcyclist in 30s dies in three-vehicle crash on A146
- 4 Man dies after getting into difficulties in UEA Sportspark pool
- 5 First look at the new Scandi-style homes coming to a Breckland village
- 6 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 7 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 8 Serial beggar jailed for 12 weeks after breaching Criminal Behaviour Order
- 9 Schools in Norfolk face classroom closures due to coronavirus
- 10 Tribute paid to much-loved dad who died in cycling accident
Both hertiage railways are also running Mince Pie Specials services.
North Norfolk Railway services start on Boxing Day and run every day up to and including January 1. Holders of rover tickets can enjoy a hot mince pie and a glass of sherry served at thier seat, with a soft drink and a chocolate Santa for the children. There will also be an onbaord buffet car serving mulled wine and other seasonal refreshments
Services on the Bure Valley Railway are from December 27 to January 6 and include a free minceepie for every passenger.
To book, call North Norfolk Railway on 01263 820 800 or Bure Valley Railway on 01263 733858.