Script writing prize launched in memory of the founder of Norwich’s Maddermarket Theatre
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
Aspiring script writers are being invited to enter a writing competition that has been set up in honour of the Maddermarket Theatre's founder Nugent Monck.
The inaugural Nugent Monck script writing prize is being run by the Norwich theatre and the University of East Anglia.
Scripts entered should run for 40 to 45 minutes, have a maximum of four characters, and not have been previously performed.
The winning entry will be performed in the Maddermarket's Ian Emmerson Studio from October 26 to 30, with the possibility of further performances at the Hostry Festival.
Peter Beck, joint creative director of the theatre, said: 'New writing is an element of the work we do at the Maddermarket and this is an opportunity for local writers to be seen.'
The competition is not open to writers who are earning their living from their work.
Entries should be submitted by 5pm on Monday, May 18. They should be emailed to NugentMonckPrize@gmail.com or posted to
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 3 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 4 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 5 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 6 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 7 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 8 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 9 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
The Nugent Monck Prize, Maddermarket Theatre, St John's Alley, Norwich, NR2 1DR.
For more details visit www.maddermarket.co.uk or email NugentMonckPrize@gmail.com