Script writing prize launched in memory of the founder of Norwich’s Maddermarket Theatre
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
Aspiring script writers are being invited to enter a writing competition that has been set up in honour of the Maddermarket Theatre's founder Nugent Monck.
The inaugural Nugent Monck script writing prize is being run by the Norwich theatre and the University of East Anglia.
Scripts entered should run for 40 to 45 minutes, have a maximum of four characters, and not have been previously performed.
The winning entry will be performed in the Maddermarket's Ian Emmerson Studio from October 26 to 30, with the possibility of further performances at the Hostry Festival.
Peter Beck, joint creative director of the theatre, said: 'New writing is an element of the work we do at the Maddermarket and this is an opportunity for local writers to be seen.'
You may also want to watch:
The competition is not open to writers who are earning their living from their work.
Entries should be submitted by 5pm on Monday, May 18. They should be emailed to NugentMonckPrize@gmail.com or posted to
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 9 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 10 Plea for farmers to engage with public over footpath fears
The Nugent Monck Prize, Maddermarket Theatre, St John's Alley, Norwich, NR2 1DR.
For more details visit www.maddermarket.co.uk or email NugentMonckPrize@gmail.com