Norwich gym owner headed for the Love Island villa
- Credit: Archant
Sam Bird, who owns a high-energy disco-gym in Norwich, will join the cast of Love Island tonight.
The personal trainer worked for seven years in London before opening Core Fitness in the Union Building on Rose Lane. Among his most famous clients is Made in Chelsea star and I'm A Celebrity winner Georgia 'Toff' Toffolo.
Photos of the pair appear on his Instagram account which currently has more than 7000 followers.
In his Love Island intro video Sam said that he thinks some of the men already in the villa will be intimidated by his arrival, but that he is also worried some of the girls may find him 'too pretty'.
Playing on his surname he revealed that he's looking for a girl he can 'take under his wing'.
He also emphasised that he's a confident guy looking for a girl with lots of attitude.
Sam ended his promo reel by saying 'When The Bird's got his eagle eye out, no-one is safe.'
You may also want to watch:
Love Island returns to ITV2 this evening at 9pm.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock