Russells International Circus returning to Sheringham
- Credit: Archant
Arriba arriba - circus stars from Mexico are coming to Sheringham next month.
Russells International Circus, which does not use animals, will be returning to Cookie's car boot site for the eighth year between Monday April 7 - Monday April 21.
New acts include Chico Rico the clown and rolling globe act Las Chicas Morales, both from Mexico.
The family-friendly circus which includes jugglers, acrobats, trapeze artists and sword balancing acts has just returned from a two-month tour of India's south coast.
Organisers are looking for a local charity or charities to support during their stay at Sheringham.
You may also want to watch:
Clown Alex Morley, 24, grew up in Watton but joined Russells four years ago.
He said: 'People should expect the biggest and best show we have ever done. We have spent the whole winter looking for new artists. People should expect all the thrills and spills from the Big Top.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 5 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 6 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 7 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 8 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 9 Jack-knifed lorry shuts busy Norfolk road as police issue ice warning
- 10 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
'The show includes something for all the family and we use music for everybody.'
Russells includes 20 performers, including acrobats from Romania, a gymnast called Miss Sophia from Norwich-based gymnastics school Circus Chermond, Antonia Candela and the pirates, and a human slinky act.
Mr Morley added: 'Sheringham is a lovely, friendly place where we get regular visitors. We always look forward to coming back.'
Tickets are now on sale and there will be a 3pm and 6pm show each day, except Bank Holiday Monday when there will be a 2pm show.
Tickets cost from £12-£18 and can be bought by calling the ticketline on 07752 218805.
Tickets for all Wednesday shows cost £5.99 per person.
Russells will be taking the tour to Fakenham, Clipbush Lane, between April 23-27; Taverham Garden Nursery between April 30-May 5.
For more information about the show visit www.russellscircus.co.uk.
If you know of a local charity which can be supported by the circus call Mr Morley on 07717 771333.