Rock memorabilia auction at North Walsham Live Aid charity fund-raiser
- Credit: Archant
Music fans will have the chance of winning a signed Rod Stewart guitar at the North Walsham Live Aid auction this weekend.
The fund-raiser will be taking place on Saturday April 19 from 7pm at North Walsham Community Centre on New Road.
It has been organised by Barry Holden, who has put on the event for the past 30 years, and has raised £45,000 mainly for children's charities.
The £1,200 Gibson acoustic guitar was signed by the star on Surprise Surprise in December.
Mr Holden who was a guest on the television show got to meet Rod Stewart who pledged to appear at the North Walsham event one day.
You may also want to watch:
The guitar will be one of the star lots among 40 in an auction which drives most of the money making.
Other lot items look set to be:
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 3 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 4 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 5 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 6 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 7 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 8 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 9 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 10 Norfolk scenes cut from Netflix's Sutton Hoo film The Dig
? A 2/3 size guitar signed by Brian May from Queen.
? A drum head signed by all three members of Cream - Eric Clapton, Ginger Baker and Jack Bruce.
? A gold disc taken from a recording studio acetate signed by all the Beatles.
? A signed Led Zeppelin guitar strap bought last year at the auction and donated back.
? Sheet music of the Rolling Stones I Wanna be Your Man signed by Bill Wyman.
The auction will take place during a day of live rock music from bands including Mr Holden's own band the Grease Monkeys, Raw Edge, Pure Passion and Pout at the Devil.
For more information about the fund-raiser visit www.northwalshamliveaid.co.uk.