Rick Astley joins Blickling party gig
Richard Batson Chart-topping 1980s singer Rick Astley has joined the line up of a party-style concert in Norfolk this summer.
Chart-topping 1980s singer Rick Astley has joined the line up of a party-style concert in Norfolk this summer.
He stormed into the charts with a debut single number one Never Gonna Give You Up in August 1987.
Nearly 21 years later he will appear in a one-night gathering of 11 eighties acts at Blickling Hall to mark the venue's 11th anniversary of holding pop concerts.
Astley has been drafted in after Kid Creole and the Coconuts, who were in the original line-up, had to cancel their summer appearances due to “scheduling problems” said promoter David Heartfield yesterday.
The 42-year singer followed up his number one with another seven top 10 hits on the trot, but more recently has writing and producing as well as joining 80s nostalgia tours.
- 1 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend
- 2 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 3 7 pubs up for sale or rent in Norfolk
- 4 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 5 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 6 Man accused of murder refuses to appear in court
- 7 Jailed this week: County lines gang and man found with cocaine in his car
- 8 Shock as Ukrainian solidarity flags daubed with Nazi swastikas
- 9 Councillors quit Conservative group over multi-million-pound building move
- 10 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
The rest of the Blickling line-up on Saturday July 19 is Kim Wilde, Howard Jones, Nik Kershaw, Paul Young, Heaven 17, China Crisis, The Real Thing, Curiosity Killed the Cat, Altered Images and Dr and the Medics.
Tickets costing £37.50 (excluding booking fee) are available on www.edp24.co.uk/shop and through EDP offices at Millennium Plain and Prospect House and 01603 772175.