Review: The Story Machine at the Shoe Factory Social Club, Norwich
- Credit: supplied by Writers' Centre Norwich
Eleven stories scattered across the battered remains of an old factory are yours to explore in this creative and surprising event from the Writers' Centre Norwich.
Some are told with the aid of dancing, music, or a little spontaneous drama (with mild audience participation) - others are simply read aloud, or heard through headphones.
With just the opening and closing pieces shared by the whole audience, the meat of The Story Machine at the Show Factory Social Club is open to the individual to concoct, picking one of 18 journeys through the pieces.
From the initial segment's totalitarian theme to Thomas Morris' Welsh night out and Carys Davies' tale of old horrors in the New World, many cultures and themes are explored.
It's a great mental workout, and also a slightly physical one: with two and a half hours of standing, you might want to bring a camping chair.
You may also want to watch:
The Story Machine is also performed today at 7pm at the Shoe Factory Social Club in Norwich. Tickets £15. For more information and to book tickets, visit www.nnfestival.org.uk
For more Norfolk and Norwich Festival stories click here
For a full list of Norfolk and Norwich Festival events click here
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?